• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Palisade owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

16.0 update starts april 28,2022

Eric2203

Reaction score

Eric2203

Reaction score
Looks like nixie tubes are gone, radio presets can be reordered, and Android Auto can now be full screen.

Should make people happy.

Gene

Reaction score
I see they did not give us the OTA feature which European hyundai's got.
no real new feature updates other than correcting some audio features that were lacking
Everyone says our palisades are not equipped to download software updates
from a hardware standpoint. But when I had a modem (in the Palisade) problem
hyundai tried to reset it, didn't work. They then had me move the car in the open
leave it running and said they downloaded new software programming to the
modem, and I didn't even have a phone in the car. I think the hardware is there
just not fast enough for them to do complete software and map updates.. It
would take forever and cause hic ups in the downloading

Kilimanjaro

Reaction score
Funny how they didn't mention the android auto fix in the updates notes. Still bound and determined to not take responsibility for it not working properly after all these years of telling everyone and their grandmother that it's Google's fault and not theirs.

Gene

Reaction score
directions for load to the palisade said about 45 min, which is 20 min longer than last update.
How ever mine took 58 min. before it was complete this time. I timed it on purpose to see what it would be.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Any noticeable changes? Hyundai was supposed to change the old bulb theme, add the 3-split screen back, allow specific audio storing stations, rather than just ascending numerical order, etc. And how about valet working properly now? Just to see if it's worth doing this. Thank you.

EDIT: Tried to download it, and it's 'unavailable'. Hmmm. Will try tomorrow again, but curious if any changes were noticeable. I'm not having any issues at the moment, other than the non-working valet function, which I never use... and which probably wouldn't be fixed anyway.

Last edited:

Eric2203

Reaction score
UPDATE: the firmware update is officially live again. The version number, according to the website, is now LX2.USA.S5W_M.V008.001.220504.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I just sold my Pali to GMTV for 52 grand today, so not going to bother with a software update anymore. Ha ha. That's a little more than everything I have on it (including taxes and accessories), so it was a no-brainer decision. We wanted something a little smaller, and more fuel efficient, and the Sante Fe Calligraphy is exactly what we were looking for. It's even better equipped than the Pali (everything my Pali Calligraphy has, plus power-folding mirrors, park assist, and more configuration features), quicker, more nimble, and more fuel efficient. Also sold the '21 Tesla to the same people (made 4 grand on that one), and just gave a deposit today for a silver/black SF (just like my Pali), and a G70 3.3T Sport Prestige. Both should arrive within 2 weeks, so hope I get paid for the 2 cars, since it's over 100 grand. Ha ha. Now need to find a forum for the Santa Fe. Anybody? Found one for the G70, but others would be welcome. Thanks gang.