This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

$16 Cargo Area Protection

Bozko

Reaction score
Like many of us on the forum, I have considered several options for protecting the cargo area of my new Pali. Do I want to protect just behind the third row seats or the whole cargo area when the seats are folded down? WeatherTech or other full cargo mats? Hyundai‘s American carpeted or Canadian rubber “up-the-seat-back” mats? Finally I decided that I don’t want to protect carpet with carpet, that I don’t want to put a “hard plastic shell” over the entire cargo area, and that I like the look of having the third row seats upright most of the time, unencumbered by additional mats. But what about those times when I’m garden shopping and want to transport flowers or shrubs or damp bags of mulch? After a bit of poking around the Web, I bought a lightweight, compact tarp...sort of thingy. This is NOT a heavy-duty, drag cement blocks across it, industrial tarp. It’s just sturdy enough and water resistant enough and large enough to protect the cargo space but small enough to fold into it’s stuff-sack and easily store in the “luggage tray”. When folded, it’s about 8” x 10.5” x 1.5” but opens up to 82” x 58”. For now, it’s perfect for my intended purpose. Mine is gray, not purple or black as the advertising photos would indicate. I’ve included a link to the Amazon page where I bought it. It’s also available directly from the seller’s website but Amazon has the same price plus free shipping. I have also attached some photos. In the photos, I put it in the Pali with the shiny, water repellent side facing up and the fabric-y, grippier side down. Although this certainly is no substitute for robust cargo liners or mats, it is inexpensive and meets my needs for now.

Attachments

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Like many of us on the forum, I have considered several options for protecting the cargo area of my new Pali. Do I want to protect just behind the third row seats or the whole cargo area when the seats are folded down? WeatherTech or other full cargo mats? Hyundai‘s American carpeted or Canadian rubber “up-the-seat-back” mats? Finally I decided that I don’t want to protect carpet with carpet, that I don’t want to put a “hard plastic shell” over the entire cargo area, and that I like the look of having the third row seats upright most of the time, unencumbered by additional mats. But what about those times when I’m garden shopping and want to transport flowers or shrubs or damp bags of mulch? After a bit of poking around the Web, I bought a lightweight, compact tarp...sort of thingy. This is NOT a heavy-duty, drag cement blocks across it, industrial tarp. It’s just sturdy enough and water resistant enough and large enough to protect the cargo space but small enough to fold into it’s stuff-sack and easily store in the “luggage tray”. When folded, it’s about 8” x 10.5” x 1.5” but opens up to 82” x 58”. For now, it’s perfect for my intended purpose. Mine is gray, not purple or black as the advertising photos would indicate. I’ve included a link to the Amazon page where I bought it. It’s also available directly from the seller’s website but Amazon has the same price plus free shipping. I have also attached some photos. In the photos, I put it in the Pali with the shiny, water repellent side facing up and the fabric-y, grippier side down. Although this certainly is no substitute for robust cargo liners or mats, it is inexpensive and meets my needs for now.

Pure genius.

Sugrat

Reaction score
Thank you, just ordered one - looking at the business info, it’s a small father / daughter business so glad I can support them.

CascadiaDad

Reaction score
I did something similar. At Home Depot I bought a 9x6 painters drop cloth that is rubberized on one side. To keep it in place, I clip on a canvas clamp (also from Home Depot) at each corner and then attach to the car clips at the back of the car and to the headrests (2nd or 3rd row, depending on need) with small bungee cords. The canvas clamps can be easily removed and reattached depending on where you need the support.

G

G-589342

I did something similar. At Home Depot I bought a 9x6 painters drop cloth that is rubberized on one side. To keep it in place, I clip on a canvas clamp (also from Home Depot) at each corner and then attach to the car clips at the back of the car and to the headrests (2nd or 3rd row, depending on need) with small bungee cords. The canvas clamps can be easily removed and reattached depending on where you need the support.
SWEET! I just love good old fashioned creativity and ingenuity! No punk-ass virus is gonna stop the people in THIS country.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!