2020 Palisade limited

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Shitterisfull2020

Reaction score
I have engine light on, called the blue link did not got anywhere, the deer are making appointments in February. I have a full warranty but it feels like fony purchase. what good it the warranty if you can't get appointment in time?

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I have engine light on, called the blue link did not got anywhere, the deer are making appointments in February. I have a full warranty but it feels like fony purchase. what good it the warranty if you can't get appointment in time?
Hi there. So you have a check engine light on and you made an appointment for service - but there are no appointments until February?

Alan_F

Reaction score
If you are in the USA, and drop the car off with an engine check light, they almost always will look at it within one day, especially if you go there first thing in the morning before they open. But make sure you mention to them that the check engine light is on and not just that you want to make an appointment. The only exception may be if it is one of the lights that the service advisor knows is not a critical problem, and you can keep driving.

I don't know which light is on, but make sure your gas cap is fully tightened, and don't overfill your gas tank.

If not in the USA, then contact the Hyundai Motor distributor customer service for your country if you think the dealer is not treating this problem with the proper urgency.

Shitterisfull2020

Reaction score
Hi there. So you have a check engine light on and you made an appointment for service - but there are no appointments until February?
Yes, I took the matter in my hand, got the OBD reader, got the code for engine light. interpreted the code for engine cylinder #6 was misfiring. its a serious issue. I have to drive back to Indiana to the dealership where I bought the vehicle.

I will be yelling, I mean telling (my smart phone knows I will be yelling)to the guy who sold me this warranty which is good at any Hyundai dealership service center in the country. I guess he forgot to tell me it's good at any hyundai if you get appointment. HA Ha.

this is first time I bought warranty.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Yes, I took the matter in my hand, got the OBD reader, got the code for engine light. interpreted the code for engine cylinder #6 was misfiring. its a serious issue. I have to drive back to Indiana to the dealership where I bought the vehicle.

I will be yelling, I mean telling (my smart phone knows I will be yelling)to the guy who sold me this warranty which is good at any Hyundai dealership service center in the country. I guess he forgot to tell me it's good at any hyundai if you get appointment. HA Ha.

this is first time I bought warranty.
Hyundai's sold in the USA come with a 5 year / 60,000 mile warranty for almost all items on the vehicle (except for adjustments, paint, etc). This new car warranty is good for anyone who owns the car, new or used. In addition, there is 10 year - 100,000 mile warranty on the powertrain (engine and transmission) which is good for the original owner. You don't need to purchase any of these warranties.

Dealers do sell extended warranties beyond the above, but have you exceeded any of mileage limits (obviously you didn't exceed the time limits if you have a 2020 model)? So I don't understand what you are talking about when you say you have to go back to the dealer where you purchased the vehicle and the warranty from.

If a local dealer is giving you a hard time about getting your car serviced for a check engine light because you bought the car at a different dealer (and is still under the manufacturer's warranty), I would immediately contact Hyundai Motor America and file a complaint. On the other hand, do not expect an "appointment" if they are booked, just show up first thing in the morning. It's sort of like going to the doctor, in that it may takes weeks or months to get an appointment, but if you just show up and say it is an emergency most dealers will try and squeeze you in if it really is an emergency (if Owners Manual says to not drive it with the check engine light on).

Shitterisfull2020

Reaction score
Hyundai's sold in the USA come with a 5 year / 60,000 mile warranty for almost all items on the vehicle (except for adjustments, paint, etc). This new car warranty is good for anyone who owns the car, new or used. In addition, there is 10 year - 100,000 mile warranty on the powertrain (engine and transmission) which is good for the original owner. You don't need to purchase any of these warranties.

Dealers do sell extended warranties beyond the above, but have you exceeded any of mileage limits (obviously you didn't exceed the time limits if you have a 2020 model)? So I don't understand what you are talking about when you say you have to go back to the dealer where you purchased the vehicle and the warranty from.

If a local dealer is giving you a hard time about getting your car serviced for a check engine light because you bought the car at a different dealer (and is still under the manufacturer's warranty), I would immediately contact Hyundai Motor America and file a complaint. On the other hand, do not expect an "appointment" if they are booked, just show up first thing in the morning. It's sort of like going to the doctor, in that it may takes weeks or months to get an appointment, but if you just show up and say it is an emergency most dealers will try and squeeze you in if it really is an emergency (if Owners Manual says to not drive it with the check engine light on).
As they say warranty is as good as the people who write it. For me it's felt worthless when I can't get appointment. And this try was through Hyblue link.

Alan_F

Reaction score
As they say warranty is as good as the people who write it. For me it's felt worthless when I can't get appointment. And this try was through Hyblue link.
The dealer doesn't write the manufacturer's warranty. The dealer gets paid by the manufacturer to do the warranty work. If you have an emergency, forget about an "appointment" and just show up. If they don't help you, then call Hyundai Motor America customer service. Some dealers do need a kick in the butt to do their job.