2021 Mirror noise

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

BOBNARIZONA

Reaction score
When driving at speeds over 75 mph and in cross winds, even a little breeze, I get noise off my side mirrors. There is a notice for the 2019 and 2020 so mine is not covered. And of course, the dealer could not duplicate the noise. They were going to contact Hyundai and see what to do. So now, 2 weeks later, I called Customer Service. Finally told me that someone would call me in less than 10 business days to try to help me out. Two more weeks?? I have several videos with the noise going non stop. Only had the vehicle 3 months and have 9,000+ miles on it. I do a lot of travel for work. Love the vehicle so far but the noise from what I believe is the mirrors is unreal. Anyone else with a 2021 having problems?? Anyone found and cured the problem??

Alan_F

Reaction score
Elsewhere in this forum, some members suggested adding some trim pieces (available on Amazon or Ebay, not sure which) to the corner of the A-pillar that improves the airflow around the area of the mirror. See if you can find those posts.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

elp_jc

Reaction score
I'm used to quiet vehicles, and I didn't notice any undue wind noises from the Pali, even near triple digit speeds. The road noise is a different story. Ha ha. Wind noise is a common complaint on older models, but the culprit supposedly was lack of insulation on the doors somewhere, although the real source of the noise could be the mirrors indeed. If I were you, I'd give those 'aeroflow' devices mentioned above a try, before allowing a dealer to mess up my new vehicle. Good luck, and please report back on your progress.