2021 vs 2022 Calligraphy: Which one to get?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Taino

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase Calligraphy AWD. A few days ago I put down a refundable deposit on a 2022 Calligraphy Hyper white w/black interior that is scheduled to arrive in August. Estimated MSRP is $50,550. Another dealer I had been talking to reached out to me today to let me know they just received a 2021 Hyper White w/black interior Calligraphy. I can get that one for $50,405.

Should I jump on the 2021 model since I can get it sooner? Or, should I wait a couple of months for the 2022 model? I'm leaning towards waiting for the 2022 model since I'm anticipating any little issues or TSB's from the 2021 model would be addressed in the 2022 model. I am going to trade in my vehicle. I know the value will decrease but I can't imagine it dropping a whole lot over 2 months.

Any advice???

Alan_F

Reaction score
Given the value of used cars these days, I doubt your trade-in will devalue much if you wait. The problem is we don't know what the availability date of the 2022 models will be. You might be correct that the 2022 has some bugs worked out, or minor enhancements, but no way to know that for sure at this point. 2020 was the first model year, so the 2021 already has some bugs fixed.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

elp_jc

Reaction score
This late in the production cycle, I don't think the 2022 would be any better than a current 2021, to be honest, especially a fresh one (with build date of 03/21 or even 04/21). And the way Hyundai works, they have no freaking idea when they'll get a 2022. I was initially told mine was coming in a week, and took over a month to arrive... and it had the wrong color interior, so totally wasted time. And the MSRP might go up a couple of thousand dollars, so if you found one, why gamble? I'd get it now, but up to you. Good luck.