22 inch rims

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Marjo

Reaction score
It is fairly involved but more so because of the clips needed to be removed to get it all out and the bumper is pretty large when removing. Definitely recommend having some help when removing the entire bumper. Dig the wheels. 22’s are the way to go. 🤙🏽
Thanks. Yours looks great.

RTBoston

Reaction score
Curious what people are doing for the spare when they upsize to 22" rims. Would running the spare if needed be an issue?

Marjo

Reaction score
Curious what people are doing for the spare when they upsize to 22" rims. Would running the spare if needed be an issue?
It comes with a donut (temporary) spare which is smaller than the original tires that come from the factory so it shouldn't be a problem if used for a short distance. You can also replace the spare with a full size from what I've read.

RTBoston

Reaction score
The factory tires are 18" or 20". So moving from an 245/60 R18 up to a 275/40 R22 is a 1" difference in diameter. Just wasn't sure if a compact space and the larger tires would complicate/damage the 4WD or brake system.

Marjo

Reaction score
The factory tires are 18" or 20". So moving from an 245/60 R18 up to a 275/40 R22 is a 1" difference in diameter. Just wasn't sure if a compact space and the larger tires would complicate/damage the 4WD or brake system.
Depends on the offset of the wheel. Mine are et35 so I had a rubbing issue inside wheel well at full lock with a 265/40 R22. I had to go with a 265/35 R22. No issues with brakes or suspension clearance.

RTBoston

Reaction score
Depends on the offset of the wheel. Mine are et35 so I had a rubbing issue inside wheel well at full lock with a 265/40 R22. I had to go with a 265/35 R22. No issues with brakes or suspension clearance.
Sorry. I realize my post had one spelling error that confused things. I'm wondering what people with 22" rims are doing for spares. There is an inch between 18 and 22 inch rims (depending on tires). With a compact spare is there an issue with the 4wd system.

CGDuner

Reaction score
Hello All. My apologies for delayed response. A lot going on here in the last few months for me, as well for all of us. Yes, the wheels are 22x10.5 ET 38. IICrave #34. Mated with 275/40r22 tires. Wheel/tire ever-so-slightly poke in front..."tight" flush in rear. Im thinking an ET40 would be optimum. 275/40r22 slighty rubs on passenger front inner fender (towards back of vehicle) at full lock. Weird that it doesn't rub on driver front. If I were to do it again, I'd run 285/35 (maybe 275/35). All good though.

Cheers
I'm new to this site but no stranger to forums & custom wheels/tires. I think there are a lot off good looking Palisades on here but just wanted to give a shout out for the one that made me know that if we went with a Sade, I could make it "right". Thank you sir for thinking outside the box & pushing the envelope! 265-275/40-22 on 9" is the way I would of went if not seeing this one so I'm also gonna go 10.5" with 38ET as well(REALLY like the Lexani R-Twelve but I'm pretty much set on a XIX wheel now...) but with 285/35-22's(leaning Continental DWS 06). Titan makes pretty good looking spacers in 3 & 5mm so if I want to fine tune the ET a bit, I'll try them out.

A pic is worth a thousand words but until I get it done, you all know what a 2020 Blk/Blk Limited looks like. There is a guy that just chromed his 20 Limited wheels on here & I think they do look cool! This is the first true "new" vehicle my wife & I have ever bought so I'm gonna do it up as nice(ie, not ghetto) as I can. To be honest what we used to call "knocking the *** out" of this rig is no easy task though... Got it home that night & pulled the roof cross pieces off. Had a a pink AutoNation license plate holder that we replaced with a run of the mill Billet Specialties unit. Even though the dealership added $500 for tint of course it needed to be done properly which I had done last Fri. We live in the Sonoran Desert so it is hard to explain to people from other regions how important that is here.

A lot for just the first post but we really wanted a Midnight Cloud Calligraphy but with Blk interior. Well that is not an option in the 2021 model year so we could go White or Black. All 7 or so dealerships in metro Phoenix would not deal on Calligraphy's they had in stock but there were a few 2020's(Blk/Blk) that were a no brainer for us. 2021's 1.9% for 5 yrs(around 2k in interest, but still awesome!) or the 20 Limited for 5k less & 0% for 4 yrs.

OK enough of my nonsense for this night. We stepped down from a full size SUV(11 QX56 on 305/45-22's) but it is my wife's ride & she could not be happier. What started this all was me seeing the GV80 but Genisis dealerships are still saying they have no idea when they will get inventory in, WTF? I'm in my mid 40's & if you would of told me when I was a kid how excited I'd be about my future Hyundai purchase I would of told you how INSANE you were! Haha, times change as we LOVE IT so far!

Richtk135

Reaction score
I'm new to this site but no stranger to forums & custom wheels/tires. I think there are a lot off good looking Palisades on here but just wanted to give a shout out for the one that made me know that if we went with a Sade, I could make it "right". Thank you sir for thinking outside the box & pushing the envelope! 265-275/40-22 on 9" is the way I would of went if not seeing this one so I'm also gonna go 10.5" with 38ET as well(REALLY like the Lexani R-Twelve but I'm pretty much set on a XIX wheel now...) but with 285/35-22's(leaning Continental DWS 06). Titan makes pretty good looking spacers in 3 & 5mm so if I want to fine tune the ET a bit, I'll try them out.

A pic is worth a thousand words but until I get it done, you all know what a 2020 Blk/Blk Limited looks like. There is a guy that just chromed his 20 Limited wheels on here & I think they do look cool! This is the first true "new" vehicle my wife & I have ever bought so I'm gonna do it up as nice(ie, not ghetto) as I can. To be honest what we used to call "knocking the *** out" of this rig is no easy task though... Got it home that night & pulled the roof cross pieces off. Had a a pink AutoNation license plate holder that we replaced with a run of the mill Billet Specialties unit. Even though the dealership added $500 for tint of course it needed to be done properly which I had done last Fri. We live in the Sonoran Desert so it is hard to explain to people from other regions how important that is here.

A lot for just the first post but we really wanted a Midnight Cloud Calligraphy but with Blk interior. Well that is not an option in the 2021 model year so we could go White or Black. All 7 or so dealerships in metro Phoenix would not deal on Calligraphy's they had in stock but there were a few 2020's(Blk/Blk) that were a no brainer for us. 2021's 1.9% for 5 yrs(around 2k in interest, but still awesome!) or the 20 Limited for 5k less & 0% for 4 yrs.

OK enough of my nonsense for this night. We stepped down from a full size SUV(11 QX56 on 305/45-22's) but it is my wife's ride & she could not be happier. What started this all was me seeing the GV80 but Genisis dealerships are still saying they have no idea when they will get inventory in, WTF? I'm in my mid 40's & if you would of told me when I was a kid how excited I'd be about my future Hyundai purchase I would of told you how INSANE you were! Haha, times change as we LOVE IT so far!
Congrats on the purchase!!! We got our 2021 calligraphy about 3 weeks ago. Had to wait for it to come off the truck after one dealer sold two out from underneath us. Really annoying!

In the end of the day, we got it with 7 miles on it. It is also our first new car as we are expecting a 3rd child.....so I said goodbye to my Audi :(. Luckily enough, I was able to get the price to 1K under MSRP and get about 2K more for my car (benefits of being in the car business 15 years ago and knowing a few things).

I think I have it where I want it now, can stand looking at it in the garage.

2021 Palisade.JPG

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

CGDuner

Reaction score
Sorry. I realize my post had one spelling error that confused things. I'm wondering what people with 22" rims are doing for spares. There is an inch between 18 and 22 inch rims (depending on tires). With a compact spare is there an issue with the 4wd system.
I should of responded to this ? as my 1st post as I was thinking about this as well. I deff was concerned & one reason(minor though) decided to go with an almost same H tire. Within .5" or so I'd say just run with it. Over that I'd be concerned about putting the drivetrain in a bind & would not feel comfortable putting that much smaller tire on. Would do in an emergency but not for a long distance. What's funny about the spare on our 20 Limited(wish it was a full size) is its on a custom 18x4" wheel(actually looks nice) but still a "donut" with their speed/distance restrictions. Have not looked into it yet but I might try to find a skinny, high aspect ratio 18" regular tire to go on that 4" spare wheel.

Long story short if I went with a much taller tire I would get a spare under there that was similar in H. Hopefully no flats but it happens so I always have a decent inflated spare with me, even with my myriad of trailers. Good Luck!

Last edited:

CGDuner

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase!!! We got our 2021 calligraphy about 3 weeks ago. Had to wait for it to come off the truck after one dealer sold two out from underneath us. Really annoying!

In the end of the day, we got it with 7 miles on it. It is also our first new car as we are expecting a 3rd child.....so I said goodbye to my Audi :(. Luckily enough, I was able to get the price to 1K under MSRP and get about 2K more for my car (benefits of being in the car business 15 years ago and knowing a few things).

I think I have it where I want it now, can stand looking at it in the garage.

View attachment 1557
Haha, we purchased our's almost exactly 3 wks ago as well but you beat me to the punch by "fixing" yours before I could mine! I see you have Continentals on there but more pics/specs please.

It looks awesome, congrats!

Richtk135

Reaction score
Haha, we purchased our's almost exactly 3 wks ago as well but you beat me to the punch by "fixing" yours before I could mine! I see you have Continentals on there but more pics/specs please.

It looks awesome, congrats!

They are 22"x9 wheels with a +35 offset. Tires are 265/35/R22. Got lucky that continental sells the DWS06 that size as it was my favorite on the audi.

Literally got it to the tire shop straight from the dealer and they asked the mileage. When I said "Twenty" they said "Twentyyyyyyyy......", then I replied "Twenty". Couldn't get the pablo picasso rims off fast enough.

Getting the grill and bumper wrapped only cost about $150 and about 3 hours of my time. The window tints were 30% to match the rear and cost $90.

2021 Palisade 2.JPG

CGDuner

Reaction score
They are 22"x9 wheels with a +35 offset. Tires are 265/35/R22. Got lucky that continental sells the DWS06 that size as it was my favorite on the audi.

Literally got it to the tire shop straight from the dealer and they asked the mileage. When I said "Twenty" they said "Twentyyyyyyyy......", then I replied "Twenty". Couldn't get the pablo picasso rims off fast enough.

Getting the grill and bumper wrapped only cost about $150 and about 3 hours of my time. The window tints were 30% to match the rear and cost $90.

View attachment 1558
Well played sir, well played...

Haha, that does look sick! The Picasso line was priceless & I more than understand. No offense to those who dig it but a few of the other factory wheels are actually decent. But just ok is not an option to me in this arena. A normal person would leave it at that but since I've been wheel/tire OCD obsessed for 25+ yrs, I'll give a little more info. That is an Asanti ABL-21 in Matte Graphite with a 32ET but the 10.5" is 35. I seen them before but since there are so many options(that's a good thing), I skimmed over them I guess. Yours look great & I also really like the 20, 24 & 27. Since @ this point I'm just giving shouts out, I already said the R-Twelve(gloss Blk, milled accents with Chrome face/lip) I really like but Lexani does have a few others that look good & not too crazy(CSS-15, Stuttgard, etc). Also really dig a few Savini(Black Di Forza) & Ferrada wheels but that kicks things up around 50% on an already pricy purchase for a working man...

I want to congratulate you on that 20 mile mark, IMPRESSIVE!!! Long story but ours was an unseen dealer trade & had 140ish on before we sat in it but the deal had been finalized the day before. We(she) has went threw close to 2 tanks now(550+ miles & well over 7 total) so you inspired me to make it happen today...

Will update later but went "local" as I have a long history with them even though I ck'd with all the big internet players. SUPER excited to see them in person & they said coming out of SoCal, hopefully worst case should be early next week.

I also wanted to give a shout out to this site(thx Sal) as well as the other big Sade one as they helped me greatly in deciding to get this car/suv/crossover...

ddobluis

Reaction score
Ricktk135, were do you get the grill and bumper "wrapped" How long does it take for them to do it?

Richtk135

Reaction score
Ricktk135, were do you get the grill and bumper "wrapped" How long does it take for them to do it?

I looked at various Tint and Vinyl shops, reviewed their work on Google Reviews and Yelp then made some calls. I was very hesitant to leave the truck "overnight" or in shops that would not let me wait for the truck (just be cautious and ask questions). I am sure they all did good honest work, but I don't need someone driving the truck around or taking it to a chop shop.

When I found my preferred shops, I called them, asked if I could send them pictures of what I would like (they all gave me the cell number to send them to), and asked if they were comfortable doing it and what the price would be. On the calligraphy, the bottom of the front bumper has a ton of little indents/grooves, which is very difficult to wrap properly, so you have to make sure they want and can do it the right way. On the SEL and Limited, I don't think those grooves are there and it is much less silver trim, so it is probably an easier and more cost effective job.

The wrap around the grille took about 45 minutes to an hour including the window tints, which I got done during my lunch break. I had a second appointment for the bottom of the bumper, which took about 2.5 hours. The bottom groove section took about 1.5 hours to do (they showed me the wrap done on the rest of the bumper and started on the grooved area at about the 1 hour 15 mark).

You can choose the color of your wrap too, the Gloss Black matches up nearly perfectly with my black palisade, I am sure the white would work well too....not too sure about other colors.

Hope that helps!

CGDuner

Reaction score
View attachment 1567

Just curious if anyone recognizes the brand of the wheel in the photo.
The other day I looked like crazy for 30 min & I could not find anything on either the aftermarket or over seas OEM side. I mean I found them almost immediately on the “Brenthon E&O” page but beyond that no specifics...
From the pic you put up I was not too impressed but seeing them from different angles & the Pali rolling... I dig them too!
The guy that runs this site I assume has some knowledge of the Brenthon stuff as he does offer it in the store. I’d say ck’g that angle out might give you some answers. Good luck!