2nd row power outlet

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Craig44485

Reaction score
2021 Calligraphy. Is there a trick to plugging in a power cord to the "household" power outlet? I have tried 2 different plugs and cannot seem, to insert either plug thus far, simply cannot get the prongs to go into the socket. Thank you

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
2021 Calligraphy. Is there a trick to plugging in a power cord to the "household" power outlet? I have tried 2 different plugs and cannot seem, to insert either plug thus far, simply cannot get the prongs to go into the socket. Thank you
Dumb question, but you rotated everything so it lines up, right?

The outer part needs to be rotated to line up with the actual socket.

Last edited:

Craig44485

Reaction score
Dumb question, but you rotated everything so it lines up, right?

The outer part needs to be rotated to line up with the actual socket.
Yes, just tried plugging in the power adapter for my wife’s Apple PowerBook and also the wall outdated charger for our iPhones. They are only 2 prong plugs, but neither would go into the socket.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Yes, just tried plugging in the power adapter for my wife’s Apple PowerBook and also the wall outdated charger for our iPhones. They are only 2 prong plugs, but neither would go into the socket.
I have never had any difficulty plugging anything into mine.

I just asked because if you don’t half-plug it in and then twist to line everything up, you’re just trying to push the prongs into plastic.

SunKing

Reaction score

I just asked because if you don’t half-plug it in and then twist to line everything up, you’re just trying to push the prongs into plastic.
I’ve never tried to use mine yet, but thanks for the heads up on it.

Gene

Reaction score
That's a Korean safety feature. Palisade is used to transport a family, And they do not want children
sticking something in to a 115V outlet.

Craig44485

Reaction score

So insert the prongs partially and then twist/rotate? How far does one need to twist/rotate??

Mbschu82

Reaction score
Another power outlet question - is there a magical way to actually turn it on so there is power - or should it be always on? We tried using the power outlet today and couldn’t get it to work (and I can confirm we did get it all the way plugged in by inserting, twisting, and pushing all the way in)

G

G-186580

I have the engine on and mine in my 2021 Palisade still is not working..... that's my socket outlet

james m

Reaction score
I have my Palisade running and plugged my carvac into the socket outlet and it still didn't work.. is there a special way to get power to that outlet?

james m

Reaction score
i had the truck running and the cigarette lighter type outlets worked but the socket power outlet just gave me a blinking red light but would not work

Jbrady1620

Reaction score
The maximum wattage allowed is 150w, from that outlet. It’s mostly for laptops, and small wattage items. It will not work with most vacuum cleaners, etc. the 30amp fuse for the AC inverter is located in the engine compartment.

Last edited: