• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Palisade owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

3 System Warnings

Sviki82

Reaction score
All of a sudden I got 3 warnings on my 2020 Palisade the other day. "Check forward-collision avoidance assist system", "Check lane departure warning (LDW) system", and "Check high beam assist (HBA) system" while driving on the highway.
It's little concerning I got them only 6,600 miles into my ownership. Windshield is clean, there are no obstructions.
I am almost due for a service so plan on taking it to the dealership anyway, but I was just curious if anyone else experienced these issues and what the fix entailed?

Attachments

• IMG_20210120_180125.jpg
    IMG_20210120_180125.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210120_180138.jpg
    IMG_20210120_180138.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210120_180130.jpg
    IMG_20210120_180130.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 30

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
Was it raining? I get this when it rains on my G80.

also had it pop up once when a plastic bag got stuck to the front of the vehicle.

Sviki82

Reaction score
No, it was dry. And it's been coming on ever since, few minutes after I start driving and stays on until the car shuts off.

Gene

Reaction score
Take it to the dealership.
Let us know what it turns out to be please.

Sviki82

Reaction score
I did two weeks ago for an oil change and warnings and they told me all of Hyundai diagnostic systems were down (not sure if it was BS or not) so they did not even take a look at it. Since then I've needed the car so I haven't scheduled a new appointment.

Sviki82

Reaction score
Update: I finally managed to take my car to have it looked at. They ended up replacing the windshield camera module, then had to calibrate it. So far everything seems well.

g7veneski

Reaction score
All, FWIW, I had the similar happen to my 2020 Palisade Limited on 8/22/21, except the 3 warnings I got were High Beam Assist, Driver Attention and Forward Collision. Took it in to the dealer and here is from the tech's write up after they fixed it: "scanned vehicle for codes...found codes c180581 lkas can signal error and c160649 ecu software error...replaced front camera... variant coded and calibrated camera ... took car for test drive... front camera was working as designed..."
I was lucky they had a camera assembly in stock. Cheers. It was covered under warranty. ( 9800 mles)

elp_jc

Reaction score
Yeah, all of those things immediately point to the windshield camera (the front camera is the grille one, IMO). Wish those warnings were more complete, adding 'due to camera malfunction', or words to that effect. But now we know :).

G

G-216828

I experienced the same issues this Friday, but I have a 2021 Hyundai Limited. The major difference is my steering wheel locked and the tires would only drive straight due to steering issues. I’m waiting for the dealership to call me and let me know what happened. Technology is great until things like this happen.

elp_jc

Reaction score
That's a different issue than above; that's power steering failure. By the way, I really doubt the steering really 'locked'; it only gets hard to move, but it should move with enough force, so you know. But yes, it's dangerous, since you just cannot steer quickly if needed, without power assist. I've read about power steering issues before, where the lady also said steering locked (but later corrected that wasn't the case), so you're not the first. Good luck.

G

G-78556

Update: I finally managed to take my car to have it looked at. They ended up replacing the windshield camera module, then had to calibrate it. So far everything seems well.
How long did this take Hyundai to fix once you dropped your car off? I have the same problem (same three check lights on) for my brand new Santa Cruz. Only has 150 miles on it. I wasn’t able to get an appointment for 2 weeks. I assume it was safe to drive before you brought it in? Appreciate the insight.

elp_jc

Reaction score
On the original issue, I'm surprised dealers are not attempting to just calibrate the windshield camera first, before replacing anything... but maybe they did; who knows. Wonder if those affected folks ever had a windshield replaced, which would explain the issue. At any rate, it'd be nice to have the option to re-calibrate that camera from inside the car (like when replacing windshields), like with Teslas (service menu). And you can also adjust vertical headlight aim too, which is really cool as well.

Last edited: