Alarm goes off on its own

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

FtThomas

Reaction score
Has anybody else had the alarm go off for no apparent reason when walking away from their Palisade? This has happened to us 3 times in a public place after we've locked the car and walked 20-30 ft away. We have 8k miles on the car, not enough for the battery on the fob to be low!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-666687

Has anybody else had the alarm go off for no apparent reason when walking away from their Palisade? This has happened to us 3 times in a public place after we've locked the car and walked 20-30 ft away. We have 8k miles on the car, not enough for the battery on the fob to be low!
Yes!! We couldn't walk away from the car it kept going off. It happened about 4 times until it finally let me walk away. Also HATE the backseat alarm as it doesnt work right and we can’t ever leave the dogs in the car & lock the door

Zenar

Reaction score
Yes!! We couldn't walk away from the car it kept going off. It happened about 4 times until it finally let me walk away. Also HATE the backseat alarm as it doesnt work right and we can’t ever leave the dogs in the car & lock the door
Read what Sax said above

KnotGillty

Reaction score
We might have had packages. Is that enough to trigger the alarm?
My sunvisor for the front windshield is heavy enough to trigger the back seat alarm. We have to make sure it's on the floor when not in use. So yes, packages will trigger the alarm.

saxman242

Reaction score
Also HATE the backseat alarm as it doesnt work right and we can’t ever leave the dogs in the car & lock the door
It sounds like it's doing exactly what it's designed to do if it alerts you when you lock dogs in the car...

What is it doing that you don't think it should?

Jkokalis

Reaction score
Same here!! It's happened 3x now where it'll repeatedly go off for no apparent reason. Has anyone figured this out/brought to dealership?

G

G-25397

Yes! This just happened to me today. We only have 3000 miles on it. Its definitely not the battery. But it is windy. I wonder if thats triggering it?