Alarm goes off on its own

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

FtThomas

Reaction score
Has anybody else had the alarm go off for no apparent reason when walking away from their Palisade? This has happened to us 3 times in a public place after we've locked the car and walked 20-30 ft away. We have 8k miles on the car, not enough for the battery on the fob to be low!

G

G-666687

Has anybody else had the alarm go off for no apparent reason when walking away from their Palisade? This has happened to us 3 times in a public place after we've locked the car and walked 20-30 ft away. We have 8k miles on the car, not enough for the battery on the fob to be low!
Yes!! We couldn't walk away from the car it kept going off. It happened about 4 times until it finally let me walk away. Also HATE the backseat alarm as it doesnt work right and we can’t ever leave the dogs in the car & lock the door

Zenar

Reaction score
Yes!! We couldn't walk away from the car it kept going off. It happened about 4 times until it finally let me walk away. Also HATE the backseat alarm as it doesnt work right and we can’t ever leave the dogs in the car & lock the door
Read what Sax said above

KnotGillty

Reaction score
We might have had packages. Is that enough to trigger the alarm?
My sunvisor for the front windshield is heavy enough to trigger the back seat alarm. We have to make sure it's on the floor when not in use. So yes, packages will trigger the alarm.

saxman242

Reaction score
Also HATE the backseat alarm as it doesnt work right and we can’t ever leave the dogs in the car & lock the door
It sounds like it's doing exactly what it's designed to do if it alerts you when you lock dogs in the car...

What is it doing that you don't think it should?

Jkokalis

Reaction score
Same here!! It's happened 3x now where it'll repeatedly go off for no apparent reason. Has anyone figured this out/brought to dealership?

G

G-25397

Yes! This just happened to me today. We only have 3000 miles on it. Its definitely not the battery. But it is windy. I wonder if thats triggering it?

2020 Palisade Owner

Reaction score
Did you have the windows down when you locked it and walked away? We had this happen to us just this weekend. Went back and rolled the windows up, and the alarm quit going off. Evidently, you cannot leave the windows cracked open, lock a Palisade and take the key fob with you.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Evidently, you cannot leave the windows cracked open, lock a Palisade and take the key fob with you.
Of course you can… you would just need to make sure you turn off the rear occupant alert (or acknowledge the pop up in your instrument cluster every time you get out of the car if you don’t want to turn it off entirely).

If you leave the rear occupant alert enabled and leave any windows open, wind blowing through will be picked up by the ultrasonic sensors.

bcnorthwest

Reaction score
It may be that the external standing motion sensor is set to go off with slight movement and needs to be reset. I had that issue with a prior vehicle...not a Hyundai. The dealership quickly fixed it.

G

G-392316

Hhmmm, not sure. We'll watch for that next time.
This has happened to me before but my 14 yr old was in tbe backseat! I believe its an alarm because of the fact young children get left in vehicles. There is an option to turn it off when u turn the car off u just need to be looking at the screen to see it, it wont happen that time, but Each time the car is restarted it will turn that alarm feature back on.

Bunny

Reaction score
My brand new Palisade has done this several times. Always happens when I'm at the dog park and it's parked in the sun. Thoughts?