Album Art on USB media

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Stevek

Reaction score
When playing MP3 files from the USB drive, I would get occasional album art on a song here and there, but generally just the light box with music note symbols in it. Searching the internet, this seems to be a common problem on many makes and models from Audi and BMW to Toyota. I eventually found a reference to MP3TAG software available from Microsoft. It seems that every MP3 file must have the album art as part of the tag information. MP3TAG allows you to select the folder, select all of the songs (MP3 and other types of audio files), select the art jpg file if it's in the folder ( or get it from the internet if you don't have it) and then re-save the tag info. The album art now display correctly for all files! :)
I read that some manufacturers electronics are picky about either the artwork file size or resolution, but my Palisade has not been picky - everything including very large LP artwork over 1 MB displays fine now.

toejam

Reaction score
I use EZ CD Audio Converter to rip my music (includes album art) to flac files (a lossless format) and store them on a Mushkin MKNUFDAM128GB Enhanced Atom 128GB USB Flash Drive - Newegg.com about the size of a fingernail. They play fine in our Palisades!

AE87-1-201811052018246311.jpg

metallfan_pl

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issue in my 2021 Ioniq. Have contacted the company that makes their sound systems and Hyundai support, and am currently awaiting responses.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SunKing

Reaction score
I want to say my last Camry XSE did this as well and I think it’s a manufacturer decision. I believe I remember being told that they don’t do it because they think putting up images is a driver distraction so it only showed that stuff either in park, or stationary.