Anyone bypass factory sub ?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

GeorgioP

Reaction score
Hello,
I was thinking to bypass the meager factory subwoofer in my 2021 Limited with a high/low (Speaker wire to RCA)) converter and running a class D monoblock amp in to two 12’s in a sealed box instead. I am guessing somebody has done this by now would like to see pictures and any concerns in bypassing the factory sub with a Hil-lo converter and what you used for the remote turn on wire for the amplifier. How did you run the power wire from battery to rear? Any crossover or noise noticed from factory head unit?
Thanks!

evan757

Reaction score
Pink wire in middle of harmon amp i used for remote and I drilled hole for power wire and used an electrical connector called "seal tight" 3/4 straight...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

GeorgioP

Reaction score
Pink wire in middle of harmon amp i used for remote and I drilled hole for power wire and used an electrical connector called "seal tight" 3/4 straight...
Did you happen to use a capacitor when you hooked up your system to the stock system? Going to add 750 W amp running at one home and thought would add a capacitor at the same time but since it’s not a huge amp wondered if I could get away with not using a capacitor

Zenar

Reaction score
Did you happen to use a capacitor when you hooked up your system to the stock system? Going to add 750 W amp running at one home and thought would add a capacitor at the same time but since it’s not a huge amp wondered if I could get away with not using a capacitor
It's been a while since I talked audio. But if you want crisp full thumps you want a cap. Otherwise the amp will have power fade