Anyone rustproof their Palisade themselves?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

GeorgioP

Reaction score
Hello,
I did quite a bit of research months before buying the Palisade on exactly the best way to rust proof it myself since I live in Ohio we get a lot of salt and brine on the roads.
I chose a product from quicksilver designed to spray on boat parts salt proof drying clear and dry like paraffin & another product from CRC called corrosion inhibitor -,amber when dry, and finally some spray on cold Zinc galvanizing bright spray from restoleum .
I was careful not to get any on the AWD driveshaft or the exhaust but that did the jjob coating all exposed metal underneath the body... I did not yet wand spray the door panels or hood and hatch ..maybe after Winter....

steelers

Reaction score
Hello,
I did quite a bit of research months before buying the Palisade on exactly the best way to rust proof it myself since I live in Ohio we get a lot of salt and brine on the roads.
I chose a product from quicksilver designed to spray on boat parts salt proof drying clear and dry like paraffin & another product from CRC called corrosion inhibitor -,amber when dry, and finally some spray on cold Zinc galvanizing bright spray from restoleum .
I was careful not to get any on the AWD driveshaft or the exhaust but that did the jjob coating all exposed metal underneath the body... I did not yet wand spray the door panels or hood and hatch ..maybe after Winter....
Really? Any drainholes get plugged? How long you keeping this vehicle? Spent most of my life in cold snowy winter climate.
I felt rusted out vehicles were a thing of the past.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

joliver

Reaction score
When I lived back east, I'd just go through a carwash after the roads were salted. I have zero issues with corrosion.

I've always looked at "rustproofing" as another useless, profit-inflating add-on the dealers try to hit you with in F&I.

Zenar

Reaction score
I was recommended by my dealership not to oil spray inside the doors as it could cause issues with the electronics.

GeorgioP

Reaction score
Car metal does not seem to care what year it is or how much plastic is surrounding it it will corrode when exposed to corrosive substances unless it is protected .
I bought my 2021 limited palisade with 13 miles on it . I had the dealership put it up on a lift before it went through PDI, so I could inspect the chassis and components underneath .
I noticed rust spots on the front suspension arms before I even bought it! This knowing that metal would eventually rust even more, if you know anything about rust you know that it rarely if never stops on its own accord unless you take extensive action to stop it .
I decided to be as proactive as possible did not want to be driving on top of a bunch of rust in 7 years. The roads around me are salted from December to March....

palisade29

Reaction score
Here is a statement from Hyundai corporate communications regarding rust.

WHAT ARE AUTOMAKERS DOING ABOUT RUST?​

Some automakers are looking into more advanced rust proof methods for their vehicles.
“We’re clearly at the leading edge of rust treatment,” says Derek Joyce from Hyundai communications.
Hyundai uses a roto-dip process, which dips the chassis of the car into the galvanization treatment and rotates it to ensure full coverage of the zinc coating, and ensuring no part of the vehicle goes uncoated. “There’s no way any part of the surface isn’t covered,” ensures Joyce.

I say save your money and don't worry about it.