Backup Camera staying on

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Brego

Reaction score
My backup camera does not turn off immediately when switching from reverse to drive. Is this intended? Sometimes it switches after a few feet of driving, other times the camera stays on the entire time I am driving through a parking lot. Is the camera turned off once a certain speed is reached?

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Cameras will stay on until about 10 mph (same with your 360° view for those with a Limited or Calligraphy).

If you do not like this feature, you can disable it by unchecking “extend rear camera use.”

Brego

Reaction score
Cameras will stay on until about 10 mph (same with your 360° view for those with a Limited or Calligraphy).

If you do not like this feature, you can disable it by unchecking “extend rear camera use.”

Awesome! I did call the dealership and they confirmed that the rear camera does stay on after switching to Drive, but it is nice to know I can disable that if I choose.
Thanks all!

SunKing

Reaction score
You can change that setting in your touch screen. It can be set to only be on while in reverse or stay on for a bit until the vehicle travels beyond a certain distance. The default on mine was to not have it stay on after leaving reverse, but I actually changed it for the extended.

Brego

Reaction score
You can change that setting in your touch screen. It can be set to only be on while in reverse or stay on for a bit until the vehicle travels beyond a certain distance. The default on mine was to not have it stay on after leaving reverse, but I actually changed it for the extended.
I have a 2021 SE, and I don't actually see this option. I wonder if its only available on the higher trims?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
I have a 2021 SE, and I don't actually see this option. I wonder if its only available on the higher trims?
Here is the how to find the setting (from the manual for your 8” infotainment system). I have a Limited so I don’t have that system and can’t confirm myself, but hopefully it’ll work for you.

8B7CD764-5497-4BD0-8468-BE46CA92456A.jpeg