This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Blind spot error???

Pio430

Reaction score
Hi guys..... lately I am getting this error.... anyone ever had anything similar?
EE5FFFE0-C177-4269-9824-455D156891F8.jpeg
After that.... no more blind spot warnings until I restart the car!

Limited AWD Owner

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I first got my Limited AWD. The passenger side blind spot monitor worked intermittently and after a while of driving got that error. After restarting the car the system worked again.
It happened a few times and I haven’t seen the error since. The only change was that I turned on the blind spot monitor indicators in the HUD.

pkcollins

Reaction score
I have only had my palisade a month and I’m receiving the same error what was your suggestion for fixing it or do I need to take it to the repair shop

Joan

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I first got my Limited AWD. The passenger side blind spot monitor worked intermittently and after a while of driving got that error. After restarting the car the system worked again.
It happened a few times and I haven’t seen the error since. The only change was that I turned on the blind spot monitor indicators in the HUD.
I took it back to the dealership and they restarted the system, hope it doesn't happen again, my dealership is an hour away from home.

Pio430

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will take my car to the dealership as well... my blind spot monitor is acting funny... even having it turned off, after a couple of minutes I get the error message... no matter if I am driving or just parked... weird!

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll post mine once the issue is solved!

Pio430

Reaction score
Hi Joan, I had a similar behaviour coming from my passenger side blind spot system.... that’s what was triggering the error message. Unfortunately now it gives me the message regardless if I am driving or just parked.
Taking it to the dealership next week! Thanks

pkcollins

Reaction score
I also noticed that when the blind spot monitor was not working that my headlights, which were set on auto, remained on even though it was a bright sunny day. Once I turned the engine off and restarted it the blind spot monitor was working and my headlights did not remain on. ????

cybersp780

Reaction score
I just started to get this same error the past few days. Had my Limited about a month as well. Very odd. I was going to schedule an appointment to take it to the Dealership as well. In the manual, that's all it says to do if you get that error. Wish there was some sort of reset that we could do on our own.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

pkcollins

Reaction score
Agree. Very frustrating. I am more than an hour from my dealer. I am tempted to wait and see if anything else messes up before I take it in???

simpleguy

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Disappointing that they don't even know this problem. The dealer said they updated the calibration file, but I doubt it. I have a very strong feeling they simply reset the battery and hope the issues won't come back. BTW, it happened after a car wash. I thought that was interesting.

cybersp780

Reaction score
Hmm, mine just started in the past week or so and had a car wash weeks before that so no correlation for me on that aspect.

I have an appointment at dealer on Friday. I’m sure they will just reset it and hope it fixes itself.

slash28cu

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Disappointing that they don't even know this problem. The dealer said they updated the calibration file, but I doubt it. I have a very strong feeling they simply reset the battery and hope the issues won't come back. BTW, it happened after a car wash. I thought that was interesting.
Interesting. It started to happen to me after a touchless car wash. The first 10 days i had the car it never happened before, they i took it through the car wash and two days after it started happening. Not sure if coincidence. Just a detail.

SRS

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my limited. Took it to the dealer and after 2 days of diagnosis I was told that the blind spot sensors were mounted incorrectly on the vehicle. Left the vehicle for a week with the dealer. They have to remove the rear bumper, add spacers to align the blind spot sensors correctly. Got the vehicle today and issue is not happening anymore. I have to drive the vehicle for a few days to confirm that the issue is gone for good.

slash28cu

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my limited. Took it to the dealer and after 2 days of diagnosis I was told that the blind spot sensors were mounted incorrectly on the vehicle. Left the vehicle for a week with the dealer. They have to remove the rear bumper, add spacers to align the blind spot sensors correctly. Got the vehicle today and issue is not happening anymore. I have to drive the vehicle for a few days to confirm that the issue is gone for good.
Good to know. We would like to hear from you in a few days to see if is all still good. I heard from people who had the system reseted and it was fine for a few days. But hopefully not the case here. One quick thing here for anyine interested. Hyunda have a technical servuce bulletin from may this year that applies to every hyundai vehicle about defective blind spot radars.

Attachments

Dan

Reaction score
Same problem, I got a call from the dealer this morning and they said that Hyundai has a bulletin that came out today about the issue, They said a computer reprogramming on the system needs to be done. I’m Taking it in on Thursday. Hopefully this is the fix. They thought it was a bad sensor to begin with, Sensor was ordered and due to its limited availability it was going to Mid January before it came in. Fingers are crossed.

pkcollins

Reaction score
Same problem, I got a call from the dealer this morning and they said that Hyundai has a bulletin that came out today about the issue, They said a computer reprogramming on the system needs to be done. I’m Taking it in on Thursday. Hopefully this is the fix. They thought it was a bad sensor to begin with, Sensor was ordered and due to its limited availability it was going to Mid January before it came in. Fingers are crossed.
They tried reprogramming mine. Did not work. They also ordered sensors that will not be in until January☹ Considering it is an hour drive each way it was a totally wasted trip. I wished they would have replaced sensors and hopefully I would not be having to make another trip. Being a woman I kind of felt like they were not taking my complaint seriously.

Dan

Reaction score
They tried reprogramming mine. Did not work. They also ordered sensors that will not be in until January☹ Considering it is an hour drive each way it was a totally wasted trip. I wished they would have replaced sensors and hopefully I would not be having to make another trip. Being a woman I kind of felt like they were not taking my complaint seriously.
Yes they try reprogramming mind also. This is supposed to be new. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Scraw33

Reaction score
Hi guys..... lately I am getting this error.... anyone ever had anything similar?
View attachment 259
After that.... no more blind spot warnings until I restart the car!
Our limited is doing this also. Resets after restart. Plan on taking to Dealer to address window noise also after they see a few of these problems and have them figured out.