bluetooth

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Chipper

Reaction score
i have anew pallisade, my iphone 11 is linked by bluetooth but no sound comes out of the speakers, the screen says no information coming from device, any ideas?

pwrofted

Reaction score
i have anew pallisade, my iphone 11 is linked by bluetooth but no sound comes out of the speakers, the screen says no information coming from device, any ideas?
I have android, the bluetooth works to connect my phone, but i had to connect via usb wire for the speaker to output the sound. Try connecting your phone using firewire to usb.

pwrofted

Reaction score
Try connecting your iphone via firewire to usb. The bluetooth works only for video, but for audio you need hardwire connection to output to car speakers. I have android and that was the only way i was able to ouput the sound to my palisade speakers.

Oscarmanzo

Reaction score
I have a similar problem mine keeps disconnnecting every time that get out of my car,I took it to the dealership and they told me tha the palisade only supports up to 9.0 Bluetooth software, I don't know if anybody has the same problem.
That is ridiculous that a 2021 car has that kind of problems,if anyone has a solution to fix this issue please share, even the USB doesn't work properly.

Yaya

Reaction score
Are you connected to Apple Audio or just through the Bluetooth...is it charged in ? Try using one an notyhe other.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Try connecting your iphone via firewire to usb. The bluetooth works only for video, but for audio you need hardwire connection to output to car speakers. I have android and that was the only way i was able to ouput the sound to my palisade speakers.
FireWire is not used on any phone or car. It is and older interface that has been superseded by USB at higher speeds. You use a USB cable to connect your phone to the car, not FireWire.

Bluetooth is for audio only. You can make and take calls and listen to audio from your phone. It has nothing to do with video. You do not need a wired connection to your car for audio.

The wired connection is for phone projection, meaning Apple CarPlay or Android Auto can drive your infotainment display from the phone and you can use phone apps on your car infotainment system that way. Obviously, this also provides audio. That applies to the infotainment system with navigation. The smaller one offers wireless phone projection as of model year 2021. 2020 models require a cable for phone projection regardless of which infotainment system the car came with.

I have a similar problem mine keeps disconnnecting every time that get out of my car,I took it to the dealership and they told me tha the palisade only supports up to 9.0 Bluetooth software, I don't know if anybody has the same problem.
That is ridiculous that a 2021 car has that kind of problems,if anyone has a solution to fix this issue please share, even the USB doesn't work properly.
The latest Bluetooth core specification is version 5.2. The Palisade supports version 4.1 (4.2 on 2021 model with smaller infotainment system and wireless CarPlay/Android Auto). Whoever told you v9.0 is either lying to you or has no clue about any of this.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I have an older iPhone S+ (6, I think), but zero issues listening to Spotify, via BT. I programmed the 'mode' steering wheel button for BT audio, and as soon as I touch it, I start listening to Spotify, and song name, cover art, and everything else shows on the screen. Maybe newer phones have a different BT profile?

Oscarmanzo

Reaction score
FireWire is not used on any phone or car. It is and older interface that has been superseded by USB at higher speeds. You use a USB cable to connect your phone to the car, not FireWire.

Bluetooth is for audio only. You can make and take calls and listen to audio from your phone. It has nothing to do with video. You do not need a wired connection to your car for audio.

The wired connection is for phone projection, meaning Apple CarPlay or Android Auto can drive your infotainment display from the phone and you can use phone apps on your car infotainment system that way. Obviously, this also provides audio. That applies to the infotainment system with navigation. The smaller one offers wireless phone projection as of model year 2021. 2020 models require a cable for phone projection regardless of which infotainment system the car came with.

The latest Bluetooth core specification is version 5.2. The Palisade supports version 4.1 (4.2 on 2021 model with smaller infotainment system and wireless CarPlay/Android Auto). Whoever told you v9.0 is either lying to you or has no clue about any of this.
That's

That's what they told me in the dealership, the Techitian said that they discussed it with one of the main technicians of Hyundai and they got to the point that is causing the problem and they don't have an update for the 2021 palisad.
I think the same ,they don't know what to do to fix the issue.
I'm waiing for an answer from Hyundai main corporation to see if the car dealer is right or what am I supposed to do?

Oscarmanzo

Reaction score
I have an older iPhone S+ (6, I think), but zero issues listening to Spotify, via BT. I programmed the 'mode' steering wheel button for BT audio, and as soon as I touch it, I start listening to Spotify, and song name, cover art, and everything else shows on the screen. Maybe newer phones have a different BT profile?
How do you program the mode steering wheel button for audio?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

elp_jc

Reaction score
How do you program the mode steering wheel button for audio?
It's somewhere in the vehicle settings, but forgot exactly where. To be honest, I was only expecting to see programming for the 'star' button on the center console, but I saw the 'mode' button too, so I programmed that with BT Audio. It's still a mode button, but the option you choose is first, then it cycles thru the list of sources, if you keep pressing it. On the 'star' button, I programmed the phone, although I rarely make (or receive) calls while driving, but it's a pain to get to that menu when I need it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but you should find it easily.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
It's somewhere in the vehicle settings, but forgot exactly where. To be honest, I was only expecting to see programming for the 'star' button on the center console, but I saw the 'mode' button too, so I programmed that with BT Audio. It's still a mode button, but the option you choose is first, then it cycles thru the list of sources, if you keep pressing it. On the 'star' button, I programmed the phone, although I rarely make (or receive) calls while driving, but it's a pain to get to that menu when I need it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but you should find it easily.
Setup > button > steering wheel mode button.

There, you can check and uncheck the things you want or don’t want to be accessed when you press it. If you don’t want to cycle through anything when you press that button, uncheck it.

Last edited:

Oscarmanzo

Reaction score
Thank you,I'll try to find it in the settings 👍👍