Bright headlights

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Dkimball

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with the headlights being too bright? On coming cars think I have my high beams on when I don’t!!
Very frustrating.

Drewski

Reaction score
I’ve gotten brights flashed at me a few times but it’s only been from cars, and only with older, dim halogen lights I’ve noticed. I’m also noticing more distractingly bright headlights especially on dark country roads, and i think that’s just the way things are going with new vehicles. That doesn’t however relieve my white light guilt of having a taller vehicle with LED privilege. I’m very cognizant of right where they cut off on every oncoming car and kind of wince as i see it hitting the driver.

I’m going in to the dealer next week for an unrelated issue and i’m going to ask about adjusting the beams down just a bit.

Dkimball

Reaction score
I’ve gotten brights flashed at me a few times but it’s only been from cars, and only with older, dim halogen lights I’ve noticed. I’m also noticing more distractingly bright headlights especially on dark country roads, and i think that’s just the way things are going with new vehicles. That doesn’t however relieve my white light guilt of having a taller vehicle with LED privilege. I’m very cognizant of right where they cut off on every oncoming car and kind of wince as i see it hitting the driver.

I’m going in to the dealer next week for an unrelated issue and i’m going to ask about adjusting the beams down just a bit.
I feel the same way 🤩

PhiferPharm

Reaction score
This is an issue with many of the newer vehicles. I live out in the country and always got flashed with my VW Atlas. I haven't driven enough (once) at night in my new car to see if it's a problem yet in the Palisade, but the lights do seem brighter on low beam than my previous car.

SunKing

Reaction score
It’s likely just the height difference. I don’t see any actual brightness difference between my Palisade and my previous two vehicles that had LEDs.

hertzdonut

Reaction score
Heck yeah, we get people flashing their brights at us on a regular basis. Drives me crazy. So I flash my brights right back at 'em. Then they careen off the road and smash into a tree.

/Ok, maybe not that last part.

Zenar

Reaction score
Maybe you need to have them adjusted, they are too high. But you can check yourself by parking on a level surface. Go about 20' back and your lights should be level not pointing up. Please do this after you have driven for a little bit

saxman242

Reaction score
Go about 20' back and your lights should be level not pointing up
They should actually be pointing slightly down. 2-3" below level at 20'.

I actually wonder if there's a component of the rear self leveling shocks breaking in. I got flashed quite a few times immediately after getting my palisade and have had the frequency drop off significantly to the point where I haven't in months. If the shocks were keeping the front end high/rear low while breaking in, that'd definitely effect that.

PhiferPharm

Reaction score
Sad, but true story. Many years ago (the low/high beam switch was on the floor), I installed aircraft landing lights in my Mustang as I had to drive home on a REALLY dark country road after my college classes, and working at a Gas Station until 11pm. I had a guy who wouldn't dim his high beams after I had flashed him with my regular lights multiple times, so I lit him up with the landing lights.... It was a police officer....

It didn't end well....

Popeye

Reaction score
Sad, but true story. Many years ago (the low/high beam switch was on the floor), I installed aircraft landing lights in my Mustang as I had to drive home on a REALLY dark country road after my college classes, and working at a Gas Station until 11pm. I had a guy who wouldn't dim his high beams after I had flashed him with my regular lights multiple times, so I lit him up with the landing lights.... It was a police officer....

It didn't end well....
I used to have a Jeep Wrangler that frequently saw off road travels getting to fishing spots. I had 2 KC Highlights mounted on top of the front bumper, 2 on brackets on the side mirrors and 2 55 watt low profile lights bolted on top of the hood where the rubber windshield bumpers used to be. While I never was unfortunate to flash a cop, I have had a couple try to chase me down after looking into the sun.

G

G-960431

I thought i was the only one facing that problem. I get cars flashing at me and I don’t know what to do. Am so relieved am not alone in this situation lol.