Caliburn emblem discussion

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
The CALIBURN emblems are in stock and they're not going to stay this cheap forever! They're high quality pieces and very easy to install.

Since the front emblem for the Palisade is difficult to remove - this set includes a simple, perfect fitting overlay for the front. It fits perfectly onto the grooves of the standard Hyundai "Flying H". The rear emblem is a full replacement piece. The steering wheel emblems fits onto the Hyundai piece the same way as the front emblem. The wheel caps are overlays.

caliburn 1.jpg caliburn 12.jpg caliburn 11.jpg caliburn 10.jpg caliburn 9.jpg caliburn 8.jpg caliburn 7.jpg caliburn 6.jpg caliburn 5.jpg caliburn 4.jpg caliburn 3.jpg caliburn 2.jpg

chi-chi

Reaction score
Its "ok" I am on the fence about it. Not because I dislike it but honestly because I saw the Brenthon emblem first and I think its a bit more stylish and classy. But thats opinion. That said I do like these, just not as much.

Do you have a link with pricing and US ordering for comparison?

Sizzler

Reaction score
I bought the set, and received today, here's what I noticed so far, 1. The rear hatch/trunk emblem has the sides bent upward when placed on a flat surface, it should bend the opposite way or at least be flat, and makeup for curve with the double stick tape?? I might have got a defective one? 2. The wheel ones won't stick right on either?? I have the 20inch rims and my H on cetercaps stick out. These ones are meant to be placed on flat? Do I remove the H Hyundai ones? Anyone else use these and what did you do to make work? The rear if placed above the H there now sticks off body at least 1/4" on both left and right side. Do you think I should try and warp on bend it to match bend profile on vehicle or will it just revert back to its u shape it is now?it needs to bend the opposite way from which it came. Thoughts??

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the set, and received today, here's what I noticed so far, 1. The rear hatch/trunk emblem has the sides bent upward when placed on a flat surface, it should bend the opposite way or at least be flat, and makeup for curve with the double stick tape?? I might have got a defective one? 2. The wheel ones won't stick right on either?? I have the 20inch rims and my H on cetercaps stick out. These ones are meant to be placed on flat? Do I remove the H Hyundai ones? Anyone else use these and what did you do to make work? The rear if placed above the H there now sticks off body at least 1/4" on both left and right side. Do you think I should try and warp on bend it to match bend profile on vehicle or will it just revert back to its u shape it is now?it needs to bend the opposite way from which it came. Thoughts??
Hey there! The exterior sides of the front and rear emblems do have an upward bend affect 'away from the vehicle'. You can see the in the picture below. The wheel caps cannot attach to a flat surface as they're curved at the back. They're intended to fit on top of/over the H on the wheel cap. If you could take a picture of how yours are installed - it would help me to figure out what may have gone wrong...

Just for reference, the FRONT emblem is an overlay (gets placed over/on top of the Hyundai emblem) - but the REAR emblem is a "replacement"... You can tell the front emblem is an overlay as you see a groove in the shape of the "H" where you place the emblem - but that doesn't exist on the rear emblem...

caliburn-hyundai-palisade-9.jpg

Sizzler

Reaction score
Hey there! The exterior sides of the front and rear emblems do have an upward bend affect 'away from the vehicle'. You can see the in the picture below. The wheel caps cannot attach to a flat surface as they're curved at the back. They're intended to fit on top of/over the H on the wheel cap. If you could take a picture of how yours are installed - it would help me to figure out what may have gone wrong...

Just for reference, the FRONT emblem is an overlay (gets placed over/on top of the Hyundai emblem) - but the REAR emblem is a "replacement"... You can tell the front emblem is an overlay as you see a groove in the shape of the "H" where you place the emblem - but that doesn't exist on the rear emblem...

Yes the front one fits fine, too well if fact that it could be placed upside down if wanted. The rear one if I place it on a flat table you can rock it back and forth like a seesaw. Having about an 1/8" off flat surface each side. The rear of my palisade is not flat, nor does it indented in center. It bows slightly out in middle. So when the rear emblem is placed where it should touch get a gap close to a 1/4" on each side!! I will not remove the H emblem knowing that this will not lay fit as the original H does. My only thought is to try and warp it the opposite direction?? Next the center caps have a small edge which would fit over the H on centercaps if there was no double stick tape on the caliburn ones. The double stick tape touches the circle around the H sides, making it not touch the top and bottom of center cap. I did not peel tape off yet, as I didn't have time to really figure what I was going to do when I got home. I though they would just press on the wheels. The front one works well, and the steering wheel one. I have not placed either of those on yet, because I'd li like to do all at once. I am thinking of cutting away the double stick tape where it touches the circle on sides of H so that the rest of adhesive touches and seals on top and bottom. It's just going to be a bit more time involved then I though. As for the rear emblem I'm not sure how to make that work? I'll post pictures of the warp, it would be nice if it followed the contour of the place it's meant to adhere to.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the front one fits fine, too well if fact that it could be placed upside down if wanted. The rear one if I place it on a flat table you can rock it back and forth like a seesaw. Having about an 1/8" off flat surface each side. The rear of my palisade is not flat, nor does it indented in center. It bows slightly out in middle. So when the rear emblem is placed where it should touch get a gap close to a 1/4" on each side!! I will not remove the H emblem knowing that this will not lay fit as the original H does. My only thought is to try and warp it the opposite direction?? Next the center caps have a small edge which would fit over the H on centercaps if there was no double stick tape on the caliburn ones. The double stick tape touches the circle around the H sides, making it not touch the top and bottom of center cap. I did not peel tape off yet, as I didn't have time to really figure what I was going to do when I got home. I though they would just press on the wheels. The front one works well, and the steering wheel one. I have not placed either of those on yet, because I'd li like to do all at once. I am thinking of cutting away the double stick tape where it touches the circle on sides of H so that the rest of adhesive touches and seals on top and bottom. It's just going to be a bit more time involved then I though. As for the rear emblem I'm not sure how to make that work? I'll post pictures of the warp, it would be nice if it followed the contour of the place it's meant to adhere to.
Pictures would be great. I want to contact the manufacturer with questions and pictures will be helpful...

Sizzler

Reaction score
Pictures would be great. I want to contact the manufacturer with questions and pictures will be helpful...
Will do when I get home, but a video I think will show the warp better, you can see the rocking. The front does not rock, it sits flat. As for the wheels I'm thinking that they figure the pressure of top and bottom adhesive will just indent the circle into the foam tape? I know for sure if I remove the adhesive tape, they will fit fine, then maybe use 3m weather strip adhesive. That stuff works great.. lol but maybe just push pressure will be enough to indent? I only test fit with red backing on still, which is kind of hard..lol

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Will do when I get home, but a video I think will show the warp better, you can see the rocking. The front does not rock, it sits flat. As for the wheels I'm thinking that they figure the pressure of top and bottom adhesive will just indent the circle into the foam tape? I know for sure if I remove the adhesive tape, they will fit fine, then maybe use 3m weather strip adhesive. That stuff works great.. lol but maybe just push pressure will be enough to indent? I only test fit with red backing on still, which is kind of hard..lol
I think you're right about the wheel caps needing the red tape cover removed and then stuck on with good pressure around the edges (and hold for 30-60 seconds). While these ARE a new item, I've sold six sets over the past month or so. So far, I haven't heard of any issues after installation. And, I'm not the only one selling them (of course)... So I believe everything will work out when all is said and done...

Jeff_H2O

Reaction score
I'm following this as interested in these emblems. But first I'd like to see how the issues stated above get worked out. Looking forward to seeing more photos of this installed.

Sizzler

Reaction score
I'm following this as interested in these emblems. But first I'd like to see how the issues stated above get worked out. Looking forward to seeing more photos of this installed.
Jeff

So far the only real issue I have is the rear emblem. The centercaps I'm pretty sure will work, but I will remove a little bit of the double stick tape where it hits the H circle, just to be sure there is not a constant push pressure, which I think after a heat and cool would mostly stay indented, but I'd rather be sure. Lol. Would probably last years doing nothing, I just dont want to take that chance.ill post if I can a video of rear emblem.

Jeff_H2O

Reaction score
Jeff

So far the only real issue I have is the rear emblem. The centercaps I'm pretty sure will work, but I will remove a little bit of the double stick tape where it hits the H circle, just to be sure there is not a constant push pressure, which I think after a heat and cool would mostly stay indented, but I'd rather be sure. Lol. Would probably last years doing nothing, I just dont want to take that chance.ill post if I can a video of rear emblem.

Awesome, yeah that would be great to see photos and even a video of your install. I know of several others interested in this as well from the Palisade Owner facebook page and would be great to have some real life visuals and experiences from someone who has used them before I or others made the purchase. Thanks for doing all this for us! Looking forward to see your results.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score

Sizzler

Reaction score
Awesome, yeah that would be great to see photos and even a video of your install. I know of several others interested in this as well from the Palisade Owner facebook page and would be great to have some real life visuals and experiences from someone who has used them before I or others made the purchase. Thanks for doing all this for us! Looking forward to see your results.
It won't let me post an mp4. I have to find what types of videos are accepted and change to that format.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
It won't let me post an mp4. I have to find what types of videos are accepted and change to that format.
Any chance you could upload it to YouTube and then link? I don't believe we're set for "hosting" videos. They're large files and tend to get abused on forums - most often by people who are getting blocked posting spam out of spite...

Sizzler

Reaction score
Interesting. I need to check to see if the others are like this when I get back to my office. If so, I’ll send the video to the manufacturer for their review and see what they say..
You see how it curves outward where it should curve inward...lol Some heat and pressure may fix it, but I don't want to risk damaging it. My luck it will snap in half..