Caliburn emblem discussion

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
You see how it curves outward where it should curve inward...lol Some heat and pressure may fix it, but I don't want to risk damaging it. My luck it will snap in half..
I received a quick response from the manufacturer and they did a quick installation video. It doesn't get much into the wheel caps - but I'm told the tape behind the pieces will mold to the H behind them at the edges. If you feel the need to cut away a little of the tape for peace of mind, I don't see that to be a problem either...

I checked my inventory and other rear/hatch emblems have the same curve. The manufacturer says the body of the vehicle is not flat - but it's odd how to curves out and not in... So I know what you mean there... Perhaps a little pressure at either side is what's called for. In any event, one way or another, it works - and has done so well enough that I (nor they) have had anyone write back saying the install didn't go well...

Sizzler

Reaction score
I received a quick response from the manufacturer and they did a quick installation video. It doesn't get much into the wheel caps - but I'm told the tape behind the pieces will mold to the H behind them at the edges. If you feel the need to cut away a little of the tape for peace of mind, I don't see that to be a problem either...

I checked my inventory and other rear/hatch emblems have the same curve. The manufacturer says the body of the vehicle is not flat - but it's odd how to curves out and not in... So I know what you mean there... Perhaps a little pressure at either side is what's called for. In any event, one way or another, it works - and has done so well enough that I (nor they) have had anyone write back saying the install didn't go well...

Yeah I'm going to just leave that with a little weight on a slight curve and see if over time to shapes the opposite direction. I'm pretty sure at least 99% that the wheels would be like you say just indent. It cant hurt to take a minute or two on each to remove a sliver lol. Tks

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to just leave that with a little weight on a slight curve and see if over time to shapes the opposite direction. I'm pretty sure at least 99% that the wheels would be like you say just indent. It cant hurt to take a minute or two on each to remove a sliver lol. Tks
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing for peace of mind. Or, if you want, give it a try as is - and if it doesn't work out, I'll send you an extra set of wheel caps... I'm confident the 3M double sided tape is spongy enough to work. :)

Sizzler

Reaction score
I installed my kit. Everything went flawless. The rear emblem is quite bendable and has really strong adhesive. I like the way these look.
CVP33 yeah they look great. I never did anything to the wheel caps, and only have a problem with one, where one side pops off every so often, but all I have to do is press it back and hold a minute, and then it stays put a few more days. There wasn't as very much thickness to the double sided tape. If it continues I'll pull it off and 3m it on. I didn't do the rear emblem. I had mine under pressure for about a week a d it took shape the opposite direction, I'm going to leave it a week or two more..lol 20190928_133911.jpg 20191010_131553.jpg 20190928_133932.jpg

Attachments

• 20190928_133911.jpg
    20190928_133911.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 3

CVP33

Reaction score
IMG-1874.jpg

IMG-1875.jpg

IMG-1876.jpg

IMG-1877.jpg

IMG-1878.jpg

Albert

Reaction score
Greetings from the Philippines! Got my package and here is my Palisade

Attachments

• BFBCD963-3F73-470E-9BD6-7664299473B2.jpeg
    BFBCD963-3F73-470E-9BD6-7664299473B2.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 20
  • A6437827-CC76-42C3-AC9A-9586D477D119.jpeg
    A6437827-CC76-42C3-AC9A-9586D477D119.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 19

djmclean13

Reaction score
I bought the set, and received today, here's what I noticed so far, 1. The rear hatch/trunk emblem has the sides bent upward when placed on a flat surface, it should bend the opposite way or at least be flat, and makeup for curve with the double stick tape?? I might have got a defective one? 2. The wheel ones won't stick right on either?? I have the 20inch rims and my H on cetercaps stick out. These ones are meant to be placed on flat? Do I remove the H Hyundai ones? Anyone else use these and what did you do to make work? The rear if placed above the H there now sticks off body at least 1/4" on both left and right side. Do you think I should try and warp on bend it to match bend profile on vehicle or will it just revert back to its u shape it is now?it needs to bend the opposite way from which it came. Thoughts??

We just took delivery of our Limited White with Beige. It is a beautiful vehicle. We love it. I purchased the Caliburn emblems and they arrive the day before we got the car. They are super easy to install on the front, the wheels and the steering wheel. A bit more challenging on the rear. I used fishing monofilament line to work the adhesive away and then a plastic pan scraper to fully remove the emblem. Then WD-40 to repeatedly soak and remove the remaining adhesive. Once it was removed, I cleaned thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. Then I made sure I located the emblem so it was flat against the rear hatch which was a bit higher than the OEM emblem. It fit flat with no raised edges and it fully covered all of the Hyundai locating holes. We think it looks great and classy and fits the elegance of the vehicle. Very well done and the quality is super.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
We just took delivery of our Limited White with Beige. It is a beautiful vehicle. We love it. I purchased the Caliburn emblems and they arrive the day before we got the car. They are super easy to install on the front, the wheels and the steering wheel. A bit more challenging on the rear. I used fishing monofilament line to work the adhesive away and then a plastic pan scraper to fully remove the emblem. Then WD-40 to repeatedly soak and remove the remaining adhesive. Once it was removed, I cleaned thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. Then I made sure I located the emblem so it was flat against the rear hatch which was a bit higher than the OEM emblem. It fit flat with no raised edges and it fully covered all of the Hyundai locating holes. We think it looks great and classy and fits the elegance of the vehicle. Very well done and the quality is super.
Congratulations on your brand new Palisade SUV! Do you have any pictures yet? I'd love to see the new badges... :)