Caliburn emblem discussion

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Spas

Reaction score
Does the steering wheel badge become a nice projectile to penetrate your skull if the airbag deploys? I just dont get the point of these badges? What is the point? Are these people ashamed of driving a Hyundai and trying to cover it up?

Help me understand this....

CVP33

Reaction score
Welcome @Spas and AWESOME first post. The emblem cover is no more a projectile than the current Hyundai emblem. And yes everyone is ashamed of driving a Hyundai. By personalizing with new emblems we are all relieving ourselves of this shame because no one will ever to be able to tell that it’s a Hyundai. I also added N Line emblems to mine. In addition to reducing shame I wanted the Palisade to be faster so the emblems have fixed this as well.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Are these people ashamed of driving a Hyundai and trying to cover it up?
Nope. People have been swapping badges for decades. Chevy owners swap to HOLDEN, Buick owners swap to OPEL. It's not about shame - it's about being different. One of the most rebadged cars in existence is the Kia Optima. If people were ashamed, they wouldn't replace the "KIA" badge and leave OPTIMA there. Everybody knows the Optima is made by KIA. It's simply another exterior modification like any other...

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! Are you in charge of the Palisade store by chance? I just emailed the email in the store regarding a back Caliburn emblem that arrived defective (purchased 1/22). Thank you!
Yes! A new piece is on the way. I'm sorry to have missed that defect in the first shipment. I examined the new piece and wrapped it safely in a USPS Priority Mail box - which is already on the way to you...

FFEMT6

Reaction score
The CALIBURN emblems are in stock and they're not going to stay this cheap forever! They're high quality pieces and very easy to install.

Since the front emblem for the Palisade is difficult to remove - this set includes a simple, perfect fitting overlay for the front. It fits perfectly onto the grooves of the standard Hyundai "Flying H". The rear emblem is a full replacement piece. The steering wheel emblems fits onto the Hyundai piece the same way as the front emblem. The wheel caps are overlays.

View attachment 58 View attachment 59 View attachment 60 View attachment 61 View attachment 62 View attachment 63 View attachment 64 View attachment 65 View attachment 66 View attachment 67 View attachment 68 View attachment 69

While I do like the look of the Caliburn badges, I think I will just take pride in being a Hyundai owner. I want people to want it, and like it for the manufacturer who builds it, not guessing what it is, or thinking I am so ashamed of it, that I have to mask it's identity. I am proud to be driving a Palisade.

CVP33

Reaction score
While I do like the look of the Caliburn badges, I think I will just take pride in being a Hyundai owner. I want people to want it, and like it for the manufacturer who builds it, not guessing what it is, or thinking I am so ashamed of it, that I have to mask it's identity. I am proud to be driving a Palisade.

Interesting. I think you care too much what other people think. I couldn’t care less. If someone thinks I’m ashamed of my $45K vehicle.....who cares? I got bigger fish to fry. But hey, that’s me.

Dreamweavbr

Reaction score
The CALIBURN emblems are in stock and they're not going to stay this cheap forever! They're high quality pieces and very easy to install.

Since the front emblem for the Palisade is difficult to remove - this set includes a simple, perfect fitting overlay for the front. It fits perfectly onto the grooves of the standard Hyundai "Flying H". The rear emblem is a full replacement piece. The steering wheel emblems fits onto the Hyundai piece the same way as the front emblem. The wheel caps are overlays.

View attachment 603 View attachment 604 View attachment 605 View attachment 606 View attachment 607 View attachment 608 View attachment 609 View attachment 610 View attachment 611 View attachment 612 View attachment 613 View attachment 614

I bought this kit but cannot get the wheel emblems to stick no way... keep pushing off because of the underlying emblem is there a solution?

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought this kit but cannot get the wheel emblems to stick no way... keep pushing off because of the underlying emblem is there a solution?
Never heard of them not sticking before. The tape on the back is positioned in such a way to go around the Hyundai H. Make sure the wheel caps are thoroughly cleaned with alcohol because car washes and dealerships often get wax or some other lubricant-based cleaner on them. Hold each piece on for 60 seconds with a reasonable amount of pressure. That's what works for everybody else.

Sara No H

Reaction score
Mine went of great, arrived before I got my new vehicle. Attached the front, wheels and steering wheel. My kids think it looks like the Incredibles logo haha I just dropped my car off for more modifications including a new grill so the front emblem will be going bye bye. Shop is painting the back emblem and wheel emblems for me and putting them back on. Can’t wait!

pwrofted

Reaction score
Yes the front one fits fine, too well if fact that it could be placed upside down if wanted. The rear one if I place it on a flat table you can rock it back and forth like a seesaw. Having about an 1/8" off flat surface each side. The rear of my palisade is not flat, nor does it indented in center. It bows slightly out in middle. So when the rear emblem is placed where it should touch get a gap close to a 1/4" on each side!! I will not remove the H emblem knowing that this will not lay fit as the original H does. My only thought is to try and warp it the opposite direction?? Next the center caps have a small edge which would fit over the H on centercaps if there was no double stick tape on the caliburn ones. The double stick tape touches the circle around the H sides, making it not touch the top and bottom of center cap. I did not peel tape off yet, as I didn't have time to really figure what I was going to do when I got home. I though they would just press on the wheels. The front one works well, and the steering wheel one. I have not placed either of those on yet, because I'd li like to do all at once. I am thinking of cutting away the double stick tape where it touches the circle on sides of H so that the rest of adhesive touches and seals on top and bottom. It's just going to be a bit more time involved then I though. As for the rear emblem I'm not sure how to make that work? I'll post pictures of the warp, it would be nice if it followed the contour of the place it's meant to adhere to.
I just installed my calibur badges, and they are fine. You have to remove the badge in the rear and install the calibur badge. Took me awhile to remove the glue, 20210404_130940.jpg 20210404_130902.jpg

Attachments

• 20210404_131030.jpg
    20210404_131030.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210404_131030.jpg
    20210404_131030.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210404_130914.jpg
    20210404_130914.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 5

elp_jc

Reaction score
I checked my inventory and other rear/hatch emblems have the same curve.
Hey, has this issue been resolved by now? You never want a badge with any stress on it, and at least on that case, it wasn't just a little bit, but A LOT. Why the heck does the rear emblem have a curvature OPPOSITE to what the car has in the first place, when it says it's 'just made for the Palisade'? Seems like it was made for a different Kia (the Sorento maybe?), which wouldn't be an issue if the fit was the same, but saying it was made specifically for the Palisade is an obvious lie. I'd at least remove that part from the description. Ha ha. Just want to know what's the latest fix to that problem... if it still exists. Are people removing adhesive from the middle, so it doesn't curve that far? I honestly wouldn't like to make ANY modifications, since I want an OEM-looking badge.

Finally, what's the intended orientation of the 'I', and why? Just curious. I might install it the opposite way, with the fat portion of the 'I' below. It just doesn't look right the other way, for some reason. Ha ha.

Sara No H

Reaction score
I had my shop paint my emblems black to go with my chrome delete. Front one isn’t on since I changed the grill but back and wheel caps are all black and look awesome! E1188D7D-AF67-4B4E-8B87-295A57E10160.jpeg B84A1520-EA83-41F0-B9D7-76A1EE14329E.jpeg

Sara No H

Reaction score
Hey, you wanted to show off your pink calipers, huh? Ha ha. My daughter would approve; she likes pink too :). Good looking SUV.
Well, why else have them if I can’t show them off??! Haha I wanted hot pink but this was as close as he could get at the time without ordering paint and it taking a lot longer. I almost went with a more gender neutral color but it was actually my boyfriend who said to get pink because it was more “me”. I’ve gotten quite a few compliments on them