Caliburn emblem discussion

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

elp_jc

Reaction score
Just got the kit from Sal. He wasn't kidding with 'we ship IMMEDIATELY' :). Awesome service. Just wanted to comment on overlay fit, since it could be better on most of them. This is no fault of Sal, of course, but he could always relay it to the manufacturer.
First, the perfect fit one, which is the steering wheel piece. It fits absolutely perfect, being flush with the airbag cover, so you can't see any sign of the factory emblem. And this was the most important to me, since it can be seen 100% of the time you're driving the car. Ha ha. I give this one a 10.
Next in line is the front emblem. It fits fine, but you can clearly see it's overlaid. It should have about 2mm more. to fully cover the original emblem, for a perfect factory fit. But at least the factory emblem is basically the same color, so that oversight is not a glaring one. I give this one a 9.
And finally, the worst ones are the wheel caps. They're short in diameter by about 1mm, plus they don't have the indentation for the slightly protruding 'H' built into the wheel emblems, so they stick out some, giving the impression they're actually shorter than they are, since you're looking down at them. And to make matters worse, the factory emblems are chrome, while the Caliburn are black, so it's pretty obvious they're an overlay. Just like the hood emblem, they should have fully covered the factory emblems, especially with contrasting colors. That looks cheap, but don't have a choice but to put them, since the Hs look out of place now. Ha ha. I give those a 7, and I'm being generous. Ha ha.

Can't comment on the rear emblem, but it's not an overlay, so it should fit fine, especially if moved a hair up, where it's flat everywhere (I'll definitely do that). And the good news is the rear emblem is almost flat, so that was great news. Other posters reported curved emblems, and upward, probably from overheating, or some other manufacturing defect, but they obviously fixed that. The quality of the pieces is top notch indeed; it's just the fit, which could be better, but it's already excellent in general. I'm very happy with this mod, but there's always room for improvement, so I wanted to point that out. And yes, I already know I'm in the minority with crap like that, but hopefully it'll lead to even better fitting parts in the future :).

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Sara No H

Reaction score
Just got the kit from Sal. He wasn't kidding with 'we ship IMMEDIATELY' :). Awesome service. Just wanted to comment on overlay fit, since it could be better on most of them. This is no fault of Sal, of course, but he could always relay it to the manufacturer.
First, the perfect fit one, which is the steering wheel piece. It fits absolutely perfect, being flush with the airbag cover, so you can't see any sign of the factory emblem. And this was the most important to me, since it can be seen 100% of the time you're driving the car. Ha ha. I give this one a 10.
Next in line is the front emblem. It fits fine, but you can clearly see it's overlaid. It should have about 2mm more. to fully cover the original emblem, for a perfect factory fit. But at least the factory emblem is basically the same color, so that oversight is not a glaring one. I give this one a 9.
And finally, the worst ones are the wheel caps. They're short in diameter by about 1mm, plus they don't have the indentation for the slightly protruding 'H' built into the wheel emblems, so they stick out some, giving the impression they're actually shorter than they are, since you're looking down at them. And to make matters worse, the factory emblems are chrome, while the Caliburn are black, so it's pretty obvious they're an overlay. Just like the hood emblem, they should have fully covered the factory emblems, especially with contrasting colors. That looks cheap, but don't have a choice but to put them, since the Hs look out of place now. Ha ha. I give those a 7, and I'm being generous. Ha ha.

Can't comment on the rear emblem, but it's not an overlay, so it should fit fine, especially if moved a hair up, where it's flat everywhere (I'll definitely do that). And the good news is the rear emblem is almost flat, so that was great news. Other posters reported curved emblems, and upward, probably from overheating, or some other manufacturing defect, but they obviously fixed that. The quality of the pieces is top notch indeed; it's just the fit, which could be better, but it's already excellent in general. I'm very happy with this mod, but there's always room for improvement, so I wanted to point that out. And yes, I already know I'm in the minority with crap like that, but hopefully it'll lead to even better fitting parts in the future :).
Glad they worked out for you!

elp_jc

Reaction score
Yeah, even with its fit issues, it's MUCH better than stock. Maybe other wheels have a different center cap than my Calligraphy, but those caps don't fit the Calligraphy very well. I haven't installed them yet. Was thinking maybe painting the edges black, so the caps don't look as bad, but would have to destroy the finish by sanding them first. Plus I'm going thru (my 5th) chemo in 6 years right now, and can barely move my hands due to 'neuropathy', so can't remove them anyway. Nor the rear emblem, to install the Caliburn one. Will try a sharpie around the edges of the caps instead, and see how it looks.

Sara No H

Reaction score
Yeah, even with its fit issues, it's MUCH better than stock. Maybe other wheels have a different center cap than my Calligraphy, but those caps don't fit the Calligraphy very well. I haven't installed them yet. Was thinking maybe painting the edges black, so the caps don't look as bad, but would have to destroy the finish by sanding them first. Plus I'm going thru (my 5th) chemo in 6 years right now, and can barely move my hands due to 'neuropathy', so can't remove them anyway. Nor the rear emblem, to install the Caliburn one. Will try a sharpie around the edges of the caps instead, and see how it looks.
I didn’t notice when I put mine on, but then I had wheels powder coated and badges painted black too so it went together great. Kudos to you for doing as much as you are with what you’re dealing with. Good luck with the sharpie!

elp_jc

Reaction score
I finished the job. Installed the rear one a bit higher than OEM, before the curvature starts, so the badge sits perfectly. Unfortunately, did scratch the paint a little bit when removing the old badge, since with my hand condition, couldn't use a fishing line, so had to use my insurance ID card instead, and scratched the paint a little outside the edge of the badge. Oh well. It mostly came off with polish. And the sharpie didn't look right when test-trying it, so just centered each wheel badge perfectly, and it looks like it's part of the design, with the chrome edge, so not as bad as I thought. Very happy with the upgrade. And thank you again for your super customer service :).