Can I go back - new update is a bust

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Larryg

Reaction score
so its only been a few days, but even so, the previous version was far more intuitive to use and configure. Plus they eliminated the 3 split and changed it to 2 - why on earth would they do that....or at least give the option of how many splits. And quite frankly, some of the "improvements" are really a step backwards. I mean just the radio setup - who the heck thinks those channel numbers looking like an old fashion tv tubes with a digital number in them (for those of you old enough to remember when tvs actually had tubes inside before transistors). And the orange digital color is atrocious - see image. My homescreen is weird and so far almost impossible to reconfigure even though I went through what I thought was the correct setup. I have the weather and radio station on the left and time in the upper right corner. Below the radio station si a scrolling blue bar that moves, but no idea what the heck that is. Then on about 2/3'rds of the display a very, very, very faint nav map which while accurate,, is simply not readable - see image. I finally found what I believe is the update manual online and will try to see if more info is available. But if anyone knows how to go backwards, would really appreciate it. By the way, upgrade took about 3 hours - seriously, if your thinking of doing it, make sure you have enough gas in your car as it has to be left on. Look forward to any comments/suggestions etc. Maybe Hyundai needs to beta test future upgrades as I find it hard to believe they did on this one

Attachments

• 20201211_075445.jpg
    20201211_075445.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20201211_080443.jpg
    20201211_080443.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 88

Eric2203

Reaction score
so its only been a few days, but even so, the previous version was far more intuitive to use and configure. Plus they eliminated the 3 split and changed it to 2 - why on earth would they do that....or at least give the option of how many splits. And quite frankly, some of the "improvements" are really a step backwards. I mean just the radio setup - who the heck thinks those channel numbers looking like an old fashion tv tubes with a digital number in them (for those of you old enough to remember when tvs actually had tubes inside before transistors). And the orange digital color is atrocious - see image. My homescreen is weird and so far almost impossible to reconfigure even though I went through what I thought was the correct setup. I have the weather and radio station on the left and time in the upper right corner. Below the radio station si a scrolling blue bar that moves, but no idea what the heck that is. Then on about 2/3'rds of the display a very, very, very faint nav map which while accurate,, is simply not readable - see image. I finally found what I believe is the update manual online and will try to see if more info is available. But if anyone knows how to go backwards, would really appreciate it. By the way, upgrade took about 3 hours - seriously, if your thinking of doing it, make sure you have enough gas in your car as it has to be left on. Look forward to any comments/suggestions etc. Maybe Hyundai needs to beta test future upgrades as I find it hard to believe they did on this one
No, you can't go back.

While the design is certainly not to everyone's taste, a couple things should be noted:

- The new home screen is the equivalent of the old 3-way split-screen: you still get a map, weather, time and media info. There's certainly an argument to be made that it's less configurable and the map is less useful, but I think their idea is that you should go to the map screen if you need it. Same for other functions. I think this is supposed to be the "pretty", screen-saver like screen that you leave on when you don't need advanced functions from your infotainment system. It also matches the design language they're going for on 2021 models, including Genesis. They all have that home screen, with different color schemes and background depending on the brand.

The radio is... well... different. Not quite sure I understand the look they were going for.

- You still get the 2/3 - 1/3 split that you had before.

- The update only takes 3 hours if you choose General update instead of Quick update. The quick one is around ~30m.

SunKing

Reaction score
Weird radio for sure lol. But I don’t need to worry about that since I have a 20 SEL and not a 21 with the bigger screen🤬

Larryg

Reaction score
well mine is a 2020 SEL, thought that model came with the bigger screen. Anyway, surprised no one else has complained.

Larryg

Reaction score
gotcha. still want to know if anyone out there agrees with me and more importantly, if anyone knows how I can reinstall a previous version

Larryg

Reaction score
drattss....maybe I'll call Hyundai Monday - have no clue if they even have a tech support problem. And I can't be the only one who thinks this "update" really sucks

SunKing

Reaction score
drattss....maybe I'll call Hyundai Monday - have no clue if they even have a tech support problem. And I can't be the only one who thinks this "update" really sucks
You can complain, but they’re not going to change it lol. Maybe whenever/if they do another in the future they’ll change it somewhat.

maddog

Reaction score
Hi Larry I'm on your team. 3 hours of updating - for what? A trip "back to the future"?? I can see what they are trying to do, but it's not done well at all.

On another note, with the new driver profiles in this update, has anyone figured out how to link your BlueLink account to your profile? The instructions are to open your BlueLink app on your phone. That's it. And when I do that and go into Settings -> User Profile, and click on Driver 1's Profile, I get a message saying "Your user profile has not been set up. Please create your user profile via your vehicle." Umm yes it is!! Nothing I do can get that to work. So then I called BlueLink support, and the lady I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. She had to escalate the issue to her manager, who was supposed to call or email me. Crickets. <facepalm>

Noble1

Reaction score
I haven't figured out how to link the bluelink account to profile 1 or why I need to, everything seems to be working fine, all my blue link stuff works but on driver profile 1 it says bluelink not linked but it functions like it is

raggedy1

Reaction score
Since my blue link isn’t linked, supposedly, I can’t load a custom avatar. I have the same issue of the car telling me to link my blue link account, when it already is!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
I like the tube looking thing for the radio.. lol. however I can't actually recall the last time I used a radio. going back to 2005 I have been using an ipod or iphone and streaming via bluetooth or carplay with apple music, spotify, or pandora. have zero use for sat radio or off air radio. can't stand commercials, I want music and only music when I drive.

Noble1

Reaction score
I like the tube looking thing for the radio.. lol. however I can't actually recall the last time I used a radio. going back to 2005 I have been using an ipod or iphone and streaming via bluetooth or carplay with apple music, spotify, or pandora. have zero use for sat radio or off air radio. can't stand commercials, I want music and only music when I drive.
I only listen to am talk radio

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
I listen to music on amazon music in the car, like you I don't want the commercials and songs that fm radio gives me
I use apple music. I have over 9,000 songs on my phone. I use Random/Shuffle. I don't mess with it while I am driving, I get in, wireless carplay (car2play dongle) connects, the music picks up where it left off.

Apple Map comes up, if I need it I use it otherwise I flip to the music section, then black out the screen and use the steering controls to adjust volume or skip songs. I don't need to look at the screen to do that.

My first wife was killed by a DUI, to me distracted driving is no different and I am very much against doing anything in the vehicle that detracts from operating a 4,000lbs machine at high speeds.

G

G-611034

I totally agree. When my kids are in the car, its impossible to just flip to the Disney Channel. All the stupid numbers on the bottom. I just want to see the station. This sucks.