Car horns when the door locked with windows opened

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

skycris

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question regarding anti-theft on Palisade. I own 2021 Palisade and I locked the door with smart key and left the window opened at my garage.

After that, my car horned about few times and I had to unlock the car to stop the horn. May I ask if the anti-theft runs when the door is locked but windows are opened?

As I know, Anti-theft works in this condition.
- A door is opened without using the remote key or smart key.
- The liftgate is opened without using the remote key or smart key.
- The engine hood is opened.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Hi all, I have a question regarding anti-theft on Palisade. I own 2021 Palisade and I locked the door with smart key and left the window opened at my garage.

After that, my car horned about few times and I had to unlock the car to stop the horn. May I ask if the anti-theft runs when the door is locked but windows are opened?

As I know, Anti-theft works in this condition.
- A door is opened without using the remote key or smart key.
- The liftgate is opened without using the remote key or smart key.
- The engine hood is opened.
If you left the windows open, it was likely alarming because you had the rear occupant alert enabled (the air let in will blow past the system’s ultrasonic sensors). Turn it off entirely in settings or snooze it on a case-by-case basis by acknowledging the popup in your instrument cluster as you exit your car if you are planning on leaving your windows open but still locking your car.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!