Changing bulbs to led

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

pgiinc

Reaction score
ok I found a couple so far
I changed the license plate bulbs to Led
and I changed the backup lights to Led
whats else is not led?

Philip
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited white/beige
2019 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/chateau
Sold eBay
2019 NX300h L eminent white pearl/crème
traded in sold
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment

Traded in
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black
Traded in

pgiinc

Reaction score
ok I found a couple so far
I changed the license plate bulbs to Led
and I changed the backup lights to Led
whats else is not led?

Philip
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited white/beige
2019 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/chateau
Sold eBay
2019 NX300h L eminent white pearl/crème
traded in sold
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment

Traded in
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black
Traded in
what you think about the Led's backup and license plate IMG_3971.JPG

Sugrat

Reaction score
Quick question, change the license plate bulbs to led- does it cause any issues with the backup camera at night? I’m thinking of doing this too but wanted to make sure it doesn’t blow out the image at night?

Gerv

Reaction score
Ok I changed my reverse lights and license plate lights today to the recommended LED lights on this forum. First the lights do fit. Second I'm going to share my installation experience.

I watched the recommended video and it helped but a couple things. When I did the licenses plate which is not the the video it gave a little trouble. The driver side of the plate wire was long but the lock was tight and I'm pretty muscular. The passenger side of the licenses plate was more difficult. The wire was short or stuck, I gave it some stuggs but didn't want to break it. The lock was also tight, but got it.

Now the reverse lights.. The driver side.. I got the 3 fasteners off but broke the middle one a little because put to much force. The the 2 pressure nuts at the top just pull down once you get the 3 fastners off. The 2 plastics stay attached to the box so don't be alarmed. When putting back on just line up with the screws and push them on.
After all that I still had trouble getting my had in there because of the metal that house the spare tire. Again the bulb lock was tight.

Now the passenger side reverse replacement was the easiest of them all.. Hand fit easily.. Lock wasn't that tight.. Got the bulb out and new one in..

It's a much better parking experience now with the rear view camera..

I have the SEL with convenience package

Attachments

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Ok I changed my reverse lights and license plate lights today to the recommended LED lights on this forum. First the lights do fit. Second I'm going to share my installation experience.

I watched the recommended video and it helped but a couple things. When I did the licenses plate which is not the the video it gave a little trouble. The driver side of the plate wire was long but the lock was tight and I'm pretty muscular. The passenger side of the licenses plate was more difficult. The wire was short or stuck, I gave it some stuggs but didn't want to break it. The lock was also tight, but got it.

Now the reverse lights.. The driver side.. I got the 3 fasteners off but broke the middle one a little because put to much force. The the 2 pressure nuts at the top just pull down once you get the 3 fastners off. The 2 plastics stay attached to the box so don't be alarmed. When putting back on just line up with the screws and push them on.
After all that I still had trouble getting my had in there because of the metal that house the spare tire. Again the bulb lock was tight.

Now the passenger side reverse replacement was the easiest of them all.. Hand fit easily.. Lock wasn't that tight.. Got the bulb out and new one in..

It's a much better parking experience now with the rear view camera..

I have the SEL with convenience package
It looks great! I have the same pkg, and want to make the same move, so the rear of the vehicle is all LED. Thanks for the added install info. I am also highly considering changing out the halogen headlights to LED as well.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Any SEL, non premium pkg owners thinking of upgrading their headlamps to LED. I have been looking very favorably at the Beamtech LED kit. Plug and play, and with a beam that closely mimics the halogen. No fan, just a large heat sink on the back. It gets really outstanding reviews. Looks so much better next to those vertical drls also.

Gerv

Reaction score
Any SEL, non premium pkg owners thinking of upgrading their headlamps to LED. I have been looking very favorably at the Beamtech LED kit. Plug and play, and with a beam that closely mimics the halogen. No fan, just a large heat sink on the back. It gets really outstanding reviews. Looks so much better next to those vertical drls also.
Yes, I want to change mines now after changing the back. I was driving in the rain this morning and can barely see. Maybe I got my light settings wrong. I put it on "auto" and notice I get 2 green icons on the dashboard. Am I doing something wrong here?

Gerv

Reaction score
Also another person on the forum changed his and recommended this one

VikingRaider

Reaction score
I just switched out the reverse bulbs on my 2 day old SEL (premium package) and it was super easy, just follow the video posted above. Took me longer to figure out how to get the stupid plastic retaining clip things back in the holes than to do the entire job. Once I figured out you pull the inner part of the clip out a bit and it allows the spreading part to collapse, it was simple. I used these LED bulbs, will report back on longevity if/when they fail, but for <$15 I figured it was worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K4DPFY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heading to the auto parts store in a few minutes to pick up some LED license plate lights so I can complete the LED conversion. I hated having LEDs in EVERY spot except reverse and license plate.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Yes, I want to change mines now after changing the back. I was driving in the rain this morning and can barely see. Maybe I got my light settings wrong. I put it on "auto" and notice I get 2 green icons on the dashboard. Am I doing something wrong here?
One of the icons indicates lights are on, the other indicates auto high beams are engaged if I got that right. One of the things I love the most about Hyundai's is the indicator for the headlights and wiper position in the center display. Every manufacturer should do this.

Gerv

Reaction score
@FFEMT6 I put my new LED low beam headlights in.. Good thing I didn't get a message on my dashboard.. Lights look bright as heck..i didn't get a chance yet to drive it at night but I turned them on while it was night

FFEMT6

Reaction score
@FFEMT6 I put my new LED low beam headlights in.. Good thing I didn't get a message on my dashboard.. Lights look bright as heck..i didn't get a chance yet to drive it at night but I turned them on while it was night
What kind did you go with? I still haven't even purchased mine yet. You definitely need to take some pics at your earliest convenience. Looking forward to your review.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Gerv

Reaction score
What kind did you go with? I still haven't even purchased mine yet. You definitely need to take some pics at your earliest convenience. Looking forward to your review.
I got these ones, the driver side was a little difficult because there are more wires.. You can disconnect them if you want, I didn't. It was hard to twist off the bulb on that side due to the angle of sticking your hand in there. Your going to see two back covers going down each side. It's the first black cover for "Low Beam"..

Good thing l didn't receive no dashboard messages

I stay in Los Angeles and I can say if installed right they can cover about 1 1/4 residential blocks.

Only thing, I need to ask the seller do I need to leave the cover off for the LED fan can get air flow.. They get pretty hot