This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Custom Emblem Ideas

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

maldons4

Reaction score
Look at the chart above I see 229 and 170c for front and rear which aren't out yet and shows coming soon.

I'm with you and think that emblem just looks better and I'm not rebranding just rebadging so idc what anyone thinks
When you remove the rear badge, there are holes that you will be able to see. So you either keep it or replace it with something else

chi-chi

Reaction score
When you remove the rear badge, there are holes that you will be able to see. So you either keep it or replace it with something else
Not sure I under stand what you are saying. Is that a question? If you have a picture or video that would be helpful, but from all the videos I have watched on YouTube of other models the 2 holes from the OEM badge removal get covered up by the new badge that get placed over it with the 3M tape

Soniczpeed

Reaction score
Not sure I under stand what you are saying. Is that a question? If you have a picture or video that would be helpful, but from all the videos I have watched on YouTube of other models the 2 holes from the OEM badge removal get covered up by the new badge that get placed over it with the 3M tape
It depends on the badge that you install. For example, The Brenthon badge has the option of either putting the black plastic trim inside the emblem or leaving it open. If you leave it open the holes get somewhat covered but there is a microscopic part that is exposed. I have tried aligning it as best as I can to eliminate any exposed holes but you can still kinda see it if you look closely.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info in this thread. Is there a video or perhaps pics that show how to remove the front grill badge? I sounded like it was little more difficult to remove.
I believe you're right about that front emblem. I'm pretty sure it needs to be broken off to install a new badge. However, the new badge would cover any breakage. Still, if you ever want to return it to stock, it could be challenging...

But this is what the Caliburn set is for:

No need to remove the front emblem at all. The Caliburn emblem fits perfectly over/on top of the Flying H...

PaliFlash

Reaction score
Interesting, but as noted by another user in the Caliburn thread, the Brenthon badging is just that much better, IMO.
I'll have to peek behind the grill later tonight and see how hard it would be to get the grill off and push the badge out from the back. Worse case I could break it. I imagine the replacement flying H will be cheap in 3 years anyway.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, but as noted by another user in the Caliburn thread, the Brenthon badging is just that much better, IMO.
I'll have to peek behind the grill later tonight and see how hard it would be to get the grill off and push the badge out from the back. Worse case I could break it. I imagine the replacement flying H will be cheap in 3 years anyway.
True, a new Flying H will be cheap. And the Brenthon emblems really are top notch. They look amazing and give the SUV a whole new look...

maldons4

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I purchased the emblems from the original link. I got the front and rear emblem, the wording and the tire covers.
I only got to take pics of the front and back.
Wasn’t very difficult to come off.
I wouldn’t recommend the tire covers. Wasn’t a fan.

Attachments

maldons4

Reaction score
Thank you! I definitely loved the front and rear emblems! The lettering is ok. It’s hard to make them look straight since of course all letters are separated.
I chose the lettering in wide thinking they would be wide enough but they are normal. I was hoping for something more. Not actually sure what that is lol.
I wasn’t able to take a better picture of the lettering but you can see them just a bit in the second picture.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! I definitely loved the front and rear emblems! The lettering is ok. It’s hard to make them look straight since of course all letters are separated.
I chose the lettering in wide thinking they would be wide enough but they are normal. I was hoping for something more. Not actually sure what that is lol.
I wasn’t able to take a better picture of the lettering but you can see them just a bit in the second picture.
Did you receive the template that's supposed to come with the lettering? It helps with centering...

maldons4

Reaction score
It does come with a template but the template has a piece of tape on the outside and the outside tape falls off and the emblems also fall off the template.
It didn’t help much.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
It does come with a template but the template has a piece of tape on the outside and the outside tape falls off and the emblems also fall off the template.
It didn’t help much.
Hmm... I wonder if it would be easy enough to lift the hatch a bit, maybe half way, and apply them at an angle...

maldons4

Reaction score
Very true! Thank you for the advice.
We will redo again and go from there. Just also a heads up for others to know that it may need a little more work.
Aside from that, people still ask what car it is :)