Easily broken/chipped/cracked windshields

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

SunKing

Reaction score
My windshield and passenger window is cracked. I’m also noticing paint chips coming off. I’m really upset. I paid almost $50,000 for my car. Do we have options to remedy this without paying out of pocket?
Not heard anyone say they had a door window crack. Seems odd. Paints chips on the front are usually caused by stones and other debris hitting the vehicle, but if you feel something isn’t right all you can do is talk to the service people at the dealership and, or Hyundai directly.

raggedy1

Reaction score
seems like we are seeing more new users register to just come and post complaints on this site and the other palisade forum. Register, post a few complaints dumping on the Palisade, tell us how they are selling the POS and then either disappear or stay on telling us over and over what a POS Hyundai is.

I smell trolls in the air

SunKing

Reaction score
seems like we are seeing more new users register to just come and post complaints on this site and the other palisade forum. Register, post a few complaints dumping on the Palisade, tell us how they are selling the POS and then either disappear or stay on telling us over and over what a POS Hyundai is.

I smell trolls in the air
Always a possibility these days

Julia

Reaction score
I just love my girl still! Wonderful car! My recliner broke on Wednesday. It was so great going to the store, finding exactly what I wanted, getting it IN my car--no problem, and no delivery fee. Honestly, since I discovered a little dust on the hvac screen hides scratches, I have no issues and am thankful I got the 2020 Limited with the nice wheels (I really don't like the looks of the Calligraphy's wheels or grille).

raggedy1

Reaction score
Nice Julia! I tell everyone the Palisade is the best overall car I’ve ever owned. And the 2020 Limited wheels were and still are my favorite wheel. It gives the car a more luxurious look. The SEL 20 is nice too but it is more of a truckish rugged look (to each their own)

The Caligraphy wheel to me is awful.

I have been getting a whiff of garlic now every time I first open the door, but it dissipates quickly and doesn’t bother me enough to consider torturing myself by taking it to a dealer. I’m near my 7500 mi service and will change my own oil and rotate my tires, all because I truly hate dealing with dealer service

SunKing

Reaction score
I just love my girl still! Wonderful car! My recliner broke on Wednesday. It was so great going to the store, finding exactly what I wanted, getting it IN my car--no problem, and no delivery fee. Honestly, since I discovered a little dust on the hvac screen hides scratches, I have no issues and am thankful I got the 2020 Limited with the nice wheels (I really don't like the looks of the Calligraphy's wheels or grille).
Ugh don’t get me started on those calligraphy wheels lol. I’m sure some people like them, but I think they’re awful looking.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

raggedy1

Reaction score
I can't think of a stock wheel that is uglier to my eye than the Calligraphy wheel.

hhahaahah

hey, but each his/her own, right? (I feel obligated to say that so I don't offend anyone, cuz you know, people get offended nowadays)

:)

NotThatPete

Reaction score
I'm not even into wheels and I can't stand them!
I’m clearly in the minority. I’m not into wheels either, but I like them because they’re different. To *me* most other wheels are just some variant of the 5-spoke star, or the multi-spoke starburst that looks like a cat’s butthole. I mean, I wouldn‘t pay EXTRA for them, but I wouldn’t pay extra for any wheels... I was looking at getting a set of wheels with snow tires, and nothing really grabbed me. I’d even consider the cat butthole wheels if the price was right.

BigBear

Reaction score
I too noticed a small crack on my windshield and I don’t remembering a rock or pebble hitting the windshield. I got Safelite to repair by windshield by filling in the crack. From all of the incidents noted it seem that Hyundai is not using a quality windshield glass.

Dovetail the windshield issue along with the wind noise issue and its clear to me that Hyundai is offering cheap materials and inferior designs in their products because they offer a lower price point compare to other car manufacturers

SunKing

Reaction score
I too noticed a small crack on my windshield and I don’t remembering a rock or pebble hitting the windshield. I got Safelite to repair by windshield by filling in the crack. From all of the incidents noted it seem that Hyundai is not using a quality windshield glass.

Dovetail the windshield issue along with the wind noise issue and its clear to me that Hyundai is offering cheap materials and inferior designs in their products because they offer a lower price point compare to other car manufacturers
Why did you buy one then? Hmm.

Julia

Reaction score
Hehe, I wanted to send this to you, SunKing, but not regarding your reply to the other member 🤣...