Engine stall out 2022 Palisade limited AWD

John Bourque

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the engine stalling out at a stop sign. I don't mean the Idle stop and go. But stalling out and will not start only after 3 or 4 tries and then running rough after for a few miles before it smooth out. This has happen several times now and the dealer said no codes showed up, so they were not able to figure it out. It has done it again today and now have an appointment at the dealer for a third time with this issue. The message said" A possible condition has occurred with your vehicle. A full system check is recommended TODAY. I was unable to get an appointment until Tuesday and today is Thursday.

Any comments or Ideas.

John

Alan_F

Reaction score
Hyundai warranty policy is generally that an authorized dealer must be able to reproduce the problem, or the customer must be able to prove that a problem exists, before they start making any repairs. If you think that may be difficult to demonstrate the problem when you bring it in, I would capture some video footage next time it happens and show it to the dealer.

steelers

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the engine stalling out at a stop sign. I don't mean the Idle stop and go. But stalling out and will not start only after 3 or 4 tries and then running rough after for a few miles before it smooth out. This has happen several times now and the dealer said no codes showed up, so they were not able to figure it out. It has done it again today and now have an appointment at the dealer for a third time with this issue. The message said" A possible condition has occurred with your vehicle. A full system check is recommended TODAY. I was unable to get an appointment until Tuesday and today is Thursday.

Any comments or Ideas.

Bad gas ?

John Bourque

Reaction score
Hyundai warranty policy is generally that an authorized dealer must be able to reproduce the problem, or the customer must be able to prove that a problem exists, before they start making any repairs. If you think that may be difficult to demonstrate the problem when you bring it in, I would capture some video footage next time it happens and show it to the dealer.
FYI I did take a pic of the notice displayed on the screen

daddio mel

Reaction score
We've had the same issue! We purchased our 2020 Palisade limited in January 2020. Starting in October 2020 we begin having the same thing happen. At first the car just seemed to drive differently but then at a stoplight it would transition to the idle status with almost a "jerking feel". Then car just dies. It would restart after turning it off but then any time we'd be at a stop sigh or stop light it would do it again. Eventually a warning light comes on. We took it in and they said they thought "bad gas" but that wasn't it. It's now been happening every 2-3 months since then. It's all covered under warranty but it's such a fight to get an appointment and they keep saying they've "fixed it" but it still keeps happening. They've replaced spark plugs, ignition coils, oil changes are all up to date but they just can't figure it out. If anyone else has any suggestions on what really needs to be fixed, I'd be very grateful!

elp_jc

Reaction score
My 2 guesses when something like that happens are, in this order: bad gas, or injectors. Being a 2022, it's not going to be stale gas (several months old), so it could only be bad gas. Wonder if this is happening with the dealer gas, or owner already refueled. At any rate, I'd refuel at a large volume top-tier gas station when tank is almost empty. Then use the entire tank, and continue refueling at the same station. If the issue returns, then owner would be absolutely sure it's not bad gas, and go from there.

Finally, what is surprising is not having any codes at all. Injector issues bad enough to cause stalling would trigger other codes, like A/F ratios out of whack on at least one bank. But since the vehicle is new, I'd give it a few hundred more miles with good gas to re-calibrate itself. If it happens again after, let's say, 500 miles, then it'd be worth it to waste time with a dealer. I wouldn't do it before, to be honest. Oh, and make sure auto/start/stop if OFF all this time. Good luck.

gpetrinjak

Reaction score
This is the same exact problem we are having and the dealership had our car for 6 weeks and have done nothing. We have contacted corporate and have a case manager. This is dangerous and too many of us are experiencing this. I am ready for a lawsuit.

G

G-799838

My 2023 Palisade stalled upon making a left hand turn after being stopped. Would not accelerate when I pressed upon the gas. I had to power down the car and restart in order to get it up and running however car would still not move. Happened twice and then once Auto shut off was turned off started working. Dealership said they can’t replicate issue. Obviously this is not what I was expecting within owning my new car 1+ week!

dungrady

Reaction score
We had the same problem, the power steering goes out and the car just dies. We had to have it towed twice they put a new alternator on the first time and a new battery the second time. Not very confident in drive this car very unsafe.

Alan_F

Reaction score
We had the same problem, the power steering goes out and the car just dies. We had to have it towed twice they put a new alternator on the first time and a new battery the second time. Not very confident in drive this car very unsafe.
I have seen that happen on other Hyundai's were all power was lost. Turned out to be that the fuse box in the engine compartment was not properly tightened down and that caused a poor ground connection. I would mention tis to the dealer if it happens again, or you may be able to tighten the screws yourself. Many of the newer cars have eclectic powered steering, instead of hydraulic power steering used previously.