This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Engine Swap

pimpin.prius19

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Palisade since it was released, admiring its stylish design. Now, I want it to have that "muscle car vibe" to it. Would I be able to fit a Hemi 5.7 in the engine compartment? I want to either swap its factory V6 with a 5.7 Hemi or a 5.7 LS engine.

Jason Fox

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Palisade since it was released, admiring its stylish design. Now, I want it to have that "muscle car vibe" to it. Would I be able to fit a Hemi 5.7 in the engine compartment? I want to either swap its factory V6 with a 5.7 Hemi or a 5.7 LS engine.
Is this going to be a for sure swap?

saxman242

Reaction score
I mean all of the following in the nicest way possible:

I'm guessing by you asking this that you're not really all that serious. The cost of the swap could very easily end up costing as much as the car itself.

Someone that actually has the skills/intent to execute a swap like this seriously wouldn't be asking a question like this on a forum.

With all that said, if you really want more power, I'm sure a custom turbo set up could be done significantly cheaper and be equally as useless.

CVP33

Reaction score
No one would seriously do this. Too much involved here. Just buy a Jeep SRT8 and be done. Or a Durango SRT and add a procharger. I know a little about procharged Hemi's.

Attachments

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

CVP33

Reaction score
This is much more than an engine swap. You will need a new ECM, a new fuel system, a new transmission, a new rear differential, a new driveshaft, possibly new hubs and axles, and a new cooling system to handle the demands of the V8. If this is truly a serious consideration, you either have an unlimited budget or have never done something like this before. Either way I’d love to be your pointman if you have the money.