Found our unicorn! (Long post.)

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Kirbo

Reaction score
I've been on this forum a few months now but we did not yet have our car. Originally, we found the Tellurides and thought we'd go in that direction, but the dealers around here had gross markups and I was very unimpressed with the dealers. We never even test drove one. A few months ago we drove out and tested a Palisade and loved it. It was a 2020 SEL with convenience and premium and a bench seat. We want a bench seat and leather, our two must haves. That one was Lagoon Silver with the light beige interior (love the blue accents on that interior). We really weren't prepared to buy that day and we didn't really want the light interior. They offered us a fabulous price (about $3800 off, this was at the end of July) and we said no. Two days later we thought, heck, we should do it, but it was too late, they wouldn't go more than $2800 off and since it was a 2020, we decided to wait.

Well, finding a bench seat in an SEL is fricken hard. I've been searching all the dealerships and calling around. I have a few places on the lookout for me. Once the 2021s hit the website, I obsessively searched there. In a 250 mile radius, there was exactly one SEL with a bench seat and it wasn't actually on the lot but due to arrive the end of this month. We were ok with any exterior color other than white and preferred black interior but would manage with the gray interior if we had to, just no light beige. We were starting to wonder if we'd ever find a bench. We went out to a dealership last Monday and checked out the captains chairs, but really felt they weren't right for us with the kids and dog.

On Sunday I got a call from a dealership about 2.5 hours away from us that they'd found a Lagoon Silver SEL with black leather and a bench. Pretty much my ideal car (though, to be fair, we realized quickly that any exterior color other than white is gorgeous [apologies to the folks that adore their white rigs, I personally hate white cars, I've had two] but we wanted black interior. We dickered back and forth but they wouldn't come down to the price we wanted. They said they'd have to pay someone to go get the car for us and therefore couldn't come down in price. We walked away (on email, we didn't go there).

Sunday night I looked at the Hyundai website again and that car, the one the dealership had called us about, was showing up! (So there were two total showing with a bench in a 250 mile radius and one still hasn't been delivered.) I put in an email to the place that actually had it (and they are closer to us). They called me yesterday morning. We figured everything out, got them the info on our trade in, gave us an excellent price (WAY better than the other place) and we were set for today.

We set out to get there at opening and it was a very smooth process. We test drove this one and then signed the paperwork. We thought our salesman was great and the finance guy was super. I was ready for a crappy experience but it was very pleasant. I would 100% recommend this dealership to anyone. He said they are the highest volume dealership out here. Our car came off the truck yesterday (when it showed up on Hyundai's website it was still on the truck and delivered to the dealer yesterday). There were nine miles on it when we test drove it and 24 miles on it when we took possession.

I've loved being on this forum and have done a ton of research. I know all about the various things that can go wrong and I'm crossing my fingers we don't have any of them happen to us. We did purchase the extended warranty from Crystal in Burlington and that gives me some peace of mind with regards to all the tech and made sure to add the no cost windshield replacement with our car insurance.

Driving home was a dream. We both love this car and I'm happy to finally have gotten it. So we are the happy new owners of a 2021 fully loaded SEL in Lagoon Silver with black leather interior and a bench seat. Woohoo!

Eric2203

Reaction score
I've been on this forum a few months now but we did not yet have our car. Originally, we found the Tellurides and thought we'd go in that direction, but the dealers around here had gross markups and I was very unimpressed with the dealers. We never even test drove one. A few months ago we drove out and tested a Palisade and loved it. It was a 2020 SEL with convenience and premium and a bench seat. We want a bench seat and leather, our two must haves. That one was Lagoon Silver with the light beige interior (love the blue accents on that interior). We really weren't prepared to buy that day and we didn't really want the light interior. They offered us a fabulous price (about $3800 off, this was at the end of July) and we said no. Two days later we thought, heck, we should do it, but it was too late, they wouldn't go more than $2800 off and since it was a 2020, we decided to wait.

Well, finding a bench seat in an SEL is fricken hard. I've been searching all the dealerships and calling around. I have a few places on the lookout for me. Once the 2021s hit the website, I obsessively searched there. In a 250 mile radius, there was exactly one SEL with a bench seat and it wasn't actually on the lot but due to arrive the end of this month. We were ok with any exterior color other than white and preferred black interior but would manage with the gray interior if we had to, just no light beige. We were starting to wonder if we'd ever find a bench. We went out to a dealership last Monday and checked out the captains chairs, but really felt they weren't right for us with the kids and dog.

On Sunday I got a call from a dealership about 2.5 hours away from us that they'd found a Lagoon Silver SEL with black leather and a bench. Pretty much my ideal car (though, to be fair, we realized quickly that any exterior color other than white is gorgeous [apologies to the folks that adore their white rigs, I personally hate white cars, I've had two] but we wanted black interior. We dickered back and forth but they wouldn't come down to the price we wanted. They said they'd have to pay someone to go get the car for us and therefore couldn't come down in price. We walked away (on email, we didn't go there).

Sunday night I looked at the Hyundai website again and that car, the one the dealership had called us about, was showing up! (So there were two total showing with a bench in a 250 mile radius and one still hasn't been delivered.) I put in an email to the place that actually had it (and they are closer to us). They called me yesterday morning. We figured everything out, got them the info on our trade in, gave us an excellent price (WAY better than the other place) and we were set for today.

We set out to get there at opening and it was a very smooth process. We test drove this one and then signed the paperwork. We thought our salesman was great and the finance guy was super. I was ready for a crappy experience but it was very pleasant. I would 100% recommend this dealership to anyone. He said they are the highest volume dealership out here. Our car came off the truck yesterday (when it showed up on Hyundai's website it was still on the truck and delivered to the dealer yesterday). There were nine miles on it when we test drove it and 24 miles on it when we took possession.

I've loved being on this forum and have done a ton of research. I know all about the various things that can go wrong and I'm crossing my fingers we don't have any of them happen to us. We did purchase the extended warranty from Crystal in Burlington and that gives me some peace of mind with regards to all the tech and made sure to add the no cost windshield replacement with our car insurance.

Driving home was a dream. We both love this car and I'm happy to finally have gotten it. So we are the happy new owners of a 2021 fully loaded SEL in Lagoon Silver with black leather interior and a bench seat. Woohoo!
Congrats. But did I miss it, or did you forget to mention the dealership that you would recommend to anyone?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kirbo

Reaction score
Congrats. But did I miss it, or did you forget to mention the dealership that you would recommend to anyone?
Rats. I didn't put it in there. I actually had to go reread it all.

Beaverton Hyundai in Beaverton, Oregon. My sales guy was Denis (excellent) and the finance guy was Steve (also excellent). I would absolutely recommend them. There's a closer dealership to us but I think we might end up using them for our oil changes just because they were all so great.

Kirbo

Reaction score
Congrats. I have to 2020 SEL with the beige interior and love the combo as it lightens the cabin up. Enjoy
We both loved the blue accents on that interior but just felt our kids and dog would ruin it. We also decided that in four years or so, the kids will be gone, we'll replace our other vehicle and we can consider a light interior at that point.

I agree that the light interior really lightens the cabin and makes it feel even more spacious; that is definitely a downside to needing the dark interior.