This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Foward Collision Avoidance System

Daparest

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with this? I expected the car to come to a stop if I approached another car in motion or stopped at a light in front of me.

avi8or55

Reaction score
Make sure you have "Active Assist" selected under Forward Safety in your display and the "Electronic Stability" button is turned on. If not, FCA will not function. Hope this helps.

G

G-671404

Make sure you have "Active Assist" selected under Forward Safety in your display and the "Electronic Stability" button is turned on. If not, FCA will not function. Hope this helps.
I"m 100% sure about the Active Assist part, but I didn't realize that Electronic Stability has to be engaged.. Thanks.

G

G-783049

Made sure electronic stability was on, but no change. The FCA still doesn't work. 3 days off the dealer lot and in for service.

Daparest

Reaction score
Still having problem with FCA. I tested it in a 20 mph coasting approach to a red light with a car stopping in front of me. My palisade sounded no warning as I got to less than 20 feet from the car in front. The service rep at the dealer said that the FCA system engages the brakes only when its too late for me to press the brake pedal and that it's up to the driver to pay attention and do the braking and stopping. Doesn't make sense to say that the driver needs to be the FCA not the car. All settings correct per the manual, including ESC. Please report back any FCA experiences.

tallLeRoy

Reaction score
@Daparest, please drive your car just like there was no FCA. Those systems can only be tested under controlled conditions, not by owners. For what it is worth the Palisade's close relative the KIA Telluride earned the highest marks from IIHS for both speed tests of the FCA. Since the Palisade has much the same system, I think it will also get the highest marks once the IIHS finishes their testing.

Both my current vehicles have FCA, one a Hyundai and the other a Honda. The Hyundai FCA braked on its own once and saved me from an accident when the "other guy" cut in front of me with no room and had to brake hard. (Driving where and when the High School lets out is challenging.)

G

G-810694

@Daparest, please drive your car just like there was no FCA. Those systems can only be tested under controlled conditions, not by owners. For what it is worth the Palisade's close relative the KIA Telluride earned the highest marks from IIHS for both speed tests of the FCA. Since the Palisade has much the same system, I think it will also get the highest marks once the IIHS finishes their testing.

Both my current vehicles have FCA, one a Hyundai and the other a Honda. The Hyundai FCA braked on its own once and saved me from an accident when the "other guy" cut in front of me with no room and had to brake hard. (Driving where and when the High School lets out is challenging.)
Your experience kinda jives with what the service rep told me. My previous car was a 2016 Infiniti qx60. With tha FCA on, I could coast to a stop behind the car in front and not need to step on the brakes. After a short time an audible tone would come on until I pressed the brake pedal. Different cars different systems I suppose. I love the Palisade, but I think the QX60's FCA system is better. I also read the IIHS report the car did great except for the headlights. Thanks for your advice. I won't approach a light going 75 and do a no braking test of the system.

jmarks

Reaction score
I have had a positive experience so far. A car stopped very suddenly in front of me and I did not brake in time, but my Palisade did start braking and sounded a warning before I managed to get on the brakes. So I can verify the system does work as intended in my rig.