Has anyone succeeded in turning off the notifications about an unlocked car?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Bluegrass

Reaction score
These notifications about an unlocked car are driving me crazy. It is parked in a locked garage and there is no need plus we often open the door to put something in or take something out. I have googled it and done what it said. but nothing changes. I have written them and they told me to do exactly what Google said. When I go into my account and look at the page that tells you which notifications you are getting, I can see that there is no icon for either text or email and all the other notifications have those. So I did my part but they are not doing theirs. I don't know what to do next. Thanks for your help if you have been successful!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Eric2203

Reaction score
These notifications about an unlocked car are driving me crazy. It is parked in a locked garage and there is no need plus we often open the door to put something in or take something out. I have googled it and done what it said. but nothing changes. I have written them and they told me to do exactly what Google said. When I go into my account and look at the page that tells you which notifications you are getting, I can see that there is no icon for either text or email and all the other notifications have those. So I did my part but they are not doing theirs. I don't know what to do next. Thanks for your help if you have been successful!
Turn off notifications for “Vehicle Current Status Update“. Problem solved.

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Turn off notifications for “Vehicle Current Status Update“. Problem solved.
Thanks Eric but it's easier said than done. I had already found my way to the notifications settings before asking my question and there is a long list with the icons of emails and apps. There is an icon next to all but "remote door lock/unlock" so obviously I successfully removed them but it has not happened--I am still getting many emails each day and notifications. I don't know what to do further than that.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Thanks Eric but it's easier said than done. I had already found my way to the notifications settings before asking my question and there is a long list with the icons of emails and apps. There is an icon next to all but "remote door lock/unlock" so obviously I successfully removed them but it has not happened--I am still getting many emails each day and notifications. I don't know what to do further than that.
As @Eric2203 mentioned, turning off the vehicle current status update will do the trick for you.

Are you sure you have interpreted the settings correctly?

In my screenshot, I have the “vehicle current status update” turned off for text and email and enabled for push notifications.

But for horn and lights, I only have email turned off, the others are enabled. Blue = enabled; gray = disabled.

1605989600362.png

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Thanks so much Bruesjoh04. I have a 2021 Caligraphy. My page looks very different than yours. But I did uncheck vehicle status update as you said and we'll see what happens. I had only unchecked "vehicle lock/unlock" so maybe this will do it!! Thanks to you both!

Eric2203

Reaction score
Thanks so much Bruesjoh04. I have a 2021 Caligraphy. My page looks very different than yours. But I did uncheck vehicle status update as you said and we'll see what happens. I had only unchecked "vehicle lock/unlock" so maybe this will do it!! Thanks to you both!
Remote Door Lock/Unlock is the one that notifies you when the car is locked or unlocked remotely. It’s not the reminder that you forgot to lock it. Vehicle Current Status Update will solve that. Note that it may remove other status updates. Which ones, I don’t know.