Having issues with gas gauge

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Dreamweavbr

Reaction score
Having issues with gas gauge doesn’t move and then drops quick suddenly. Almost ran out of gas couple of times.

Hawkfan

Reaction score
At least from older issues I have had, this sounds like a bad fuel sender float/fuel level sensor on the fuel pump. I'm assuming that in these its a sensor not a float... I would assume this would be 100% covered by the warranty. Best of luck, keep me posted please!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Alan_F

Reaction score
Dealers are "usually" required by the manufacturer to be able to reproduce the problem before providing warranty service. So I would try and get some kind of video evidence before you go to the dealer, unless you think the dealer will be able to quickly verify that there is a problem. Otherwise, the dealer may have to keep the car for awhile and drive it around until they can reproduce the problem.

joliver

Reaction score
Dealers are "usually" required by the manufacturer to be able to reproduce the problem before providing warranty service. So I would try and get some kind of video evidence before you go to the dealer, unless you think the dealer will be able to quickly verify that there is a problem. Otherwise, the dealer may have to keep the car for awhile and drive it around until they can reproduce the problem.
Yeah, I had two issues with my Santa Fe... one was an intermittent sound like a piece of plastic sheeting stuck behind the dash. It never happened with any of them in the car, and over the years it just sort of went away. Another was a creaking under some left turns. I finally reproduced it with a hard left going uphill, and the service guy is like, "Oh yeah, I know what that is" and finally got it fixed.