Headlight Settings

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Nat072380

Reaction score
Hi All! On my Hyundai Palisade at night do I need to turn on the lights to the auto setting? I’m asking because I’ve been doing this & people are constantly flashing me. I don’t know if it’s because they’re LED or if I’m not supposed to turn them on. It seems like the off setting is too dark.
Thanks!

Eric2203

Reaction score
Hi All! On my Hyundai Palisade at night do I need to turn on the lights to the auto setting? I’m asking because I’ve been doing this & people are constantly flashing me. I don’t know if it’s because they’re LED or if I’m not supposed to turn them on. It seems like the off setting is too dark.
Thanks!
Leave them on Auto, or ON at night. Off just has the LED signature light, which is not enough to see at night. People are flashing because they’re not used to how bright the LED lights are.

elp_jc

Reaction score
You can turn off the AUTO HIGH BEAM, which is probably what you meant. You shouldn't get any flashing in low beams... unless your headlights are not aimed correctly, for some reason (it's very rare for that to happen at the factory). Turn your auto high-beams off, and see if the flashing persists. If yes, then I'd get your aim checked, since it's obviously not right (as in too high). Hope this helps.

Nat072380

Reaction score
You can turn off the AUTO HIGH BEAM, which is probably what you meant. You shouldn't get any flashing in low beams... unless your headlights are not aimed correctly, for some reason (it's very rare for that to happen at the factory). Turn your auto high-beams off, and see if the flashing persists. If yes, then I'd get your aim checked, since it's obviously not right (as in too high). Hope this helps.
Thank you

Tristar

Reaction score
Still awaiting my 2022 Calli and saw this thread. Does the auto high beam not work well? We have a 2018 Honda CRV and I've been very impressed with the way the auto HB works. Another question, while I'm thinking about it: Can the rain sensing wiper feature be turned off? I'm Rain-X guy and only want the wipers when absolutely necessary.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I don't like the auto HB feature, but it works relatively well. The problem is it never works well enough for me. For starters, it turns off below 30 mph, which I don't like. Then it doesn't turn on even with meager public lighting. And with traffic, it can be incessantly turning on and off, so I don't use that feature on any vehicle. Having said that, at least it's easily overridden when you push the lever again, unlike my Tesla (cannot be overridden). If you like that feature, give it a try. And turn it off if you don't. Easy peasy :).

Nat072380

Reaction score
Still awaiting my 2022 Calli and saw this thread. Does the auto high beam not work well? We have a 2018 Honda CRV and I've been very impressed with the way the auto HB works. Another question, while I'm thinking about it: Can the rain sensing wiper feature be turned off? I'm Rain-X guy and only want the wipers when absolutely necessary.
The high beams work too well. I asked the question because the regular setting to most drivers seem to be very bright. I never have to use my high beams

Eric2203

Reaction score
Yes, the rain-sensing wipers can be turned off.

Tristar

Reaction score
I don't like the auto HB feature, but it works relatively well. The problem is it never works well enough for me. For starters, it turns off below 30 mph, which I don't like. Then it doesn't turn on even with meager public lighting. And with traffic, it can be incessantly turning on and off, so I don't use that feature on any vehicle. Having said that, at least it's easily overridden when you push the lever again, unlike my Tesla (cannot be overridden). If you like that feature, give it a try. And turn it off if you don't. Easy peasy :).

Thanks. How about the rain sensing wipers? Can I turn that feature off?

elp_jc

Reaction score
Thanks. How about the rain sensing wipers? Can I turn that feature off?
Unfortunately not. And I HATE that. Ha ha. But there's not much else to hate, fortunately. Ha ha. So I have to put up with that. The good news is I live in the desert, so it doesn't rain often.

Tristar

Reaction score
Yes, the rain-sensing wipers can be turned off.
Great. Thanks.
Unfortunately not. And I HATE that. Ha ha. But there's not much else to hate, fortunately. Ha ha. So I have to put up with that. The good news is I live in the desert, so it doesn't rain often.
As you can see, I'm getting two opinions on this. I downloaded the manual and it appears that the rain sensing is armed in the "AUTO" position and is disarmed in all other positions. If I've misinterpreted that, feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Great. Thanks.

As you can see, I'm getting two opinions on this. I downloaded the manual and it appears that the rain sensing is armed in the "AUTO" position and is disarmed in all other positions. If I've misinterpreted that, feel free to let me know.

Thanks.
Yeah, that’s exactly it, which is why I said that it can be turned off. You do lose the intermittent wiping though.

elp_jc

Reaction score
The problem is AUTO REPLACES INTERMITTENT operation, and THAT is the issue. Once you have wipers on continuously, there's obviously no need for rain sensing anymore;). Even with the 'intermittent' setting in longest time, wipers go at full speed, so there's basically no intermittent operation. What I do is use the single-cycle function as much as I can, then put them in the 'intermittent/auto' setting when needed, and toggle back as rain lessens. If wipers go crazy, then have to select the low continuous speed. Worst such system I've had, since auto cannot be disabled, and replaces intermittent operation.