Headlights

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

joe

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Palisade and I Notice when driving at night time where the top of the headlights so to speak me the road it is not a nice smooth horizontal line. In front of the driver side of the vehicle there is a shadow on the road from where the headlights start and stop however there’s almost a notch the covers part of the headlights. Hard to explain but wondering if anyone else has an issue. Yes this condition stay the same with the hud display on and off.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Palisade and I Notice when driving at night time where the top of the headlights so to speak me the road it is not a nice smooth horizontal line. In front of the driver side of the vehicle there is a shadow on the road from where the headlights start and stop however there’s almost a notch the covers part of the headlights. Hard to explain but wondering if anyone else has an issue. Yes this condition stay the same with the hud display on and off.
Welcome! Moving this into our Lighting section...

Mickey

Reaction score
There have been several other threads about the very bright low beam lights and also that V notch shadow that on a straight road will help protect the oncoming driver from the bright lights. Just use the SEARCH feature to find these threads.

raggedy1

Reaction score
and this V notch and hard cutoff are not unique to the Palisade

all modern cars employ this technique to provide stronger lighting while not blinding oncoming traffic. It works until there is a elevation change putting the oncoming driver's eyes in the direct line of light from the car with LED or HID headlights! BLINDING!!! ugh.