How to adjust the headlights

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

saxman242

Reaction score
Are you asking where the headlight adjustment screws are or what is the alignment procedure/aiming process?

Ken7

Reaction score
Vertical adjustment is done by these two gears in the back of the headlight assembly via right angle Phillips head screwdriver. The horizontal adjustments are hidden behind some caps and can be adjusted by Phillips head screwdriver or I believe an 8 mm socket. (Circled in red in second picture)

Attachments

• 16AC38F0-B24D-42D9-8010-5099B6D7A2DC.jpeg
    16AC38F0-B24D-42D9-8010-5099B6D7A2DC.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 5CDCEB8D-3490-4F00-8DCE-FA38B528BF5C.jpeg
    5CDCEB8D-3490-4F00-8DCE-FA38B528BF5C.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 18

Mickey

Reaction score
Ken7,
Do you know why there are two "gears" to adjust the up/down position of the lights? Is one for the low beam and one for the high beam?

elp_jc

Reaction score
Apparently there's independent adjustment of each light unit (one low beam, the other high beam), which is nice. Having said that, ALL Palisades have self-leveling rear shocks, so adjusting headlight aim shouldn't be necessary at all. I'd only adjust them if they're independent indeed. Otherwise, your high beams could end up pointing to nests on the trees. Ha ha. But independent control prevents that. If you're going to do it yourself, I much prefer the long, high, dark wall method (if you can find one), where you can clearly see the beam pattern, to make sure it's not too high. Then do the real life test, and see if anybody flashes their high beams. If not, then they're properly set :). I almost always do that to my motorcycles, since they're aimed low enough that a passenger wouldn't cause blinding oncoming traffic (I never carry a passenger). But it's rare that cars are aimed wrong. Good luck.

Ken7

Reaction score
Ken7,
Do you know why there are two "gears" to adjust the up/down position of the lights? Is one for the low beam and one for the high beam?
Yes, they’re used to adjust the low and high beams independently