This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Hyundai Palisade HTRAC with Snow Mode

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
HTRAC® WITH SNOW MODE

The Palisade offers Hyundai’s HTRAC® All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) system. The HTRAC AWD system was developed as a multi-mode system, providing an electronic, variable-torque-split clutch with active torque control between the front and rear axles. The driver-selectable HTRAC Normal, Sport and Smart modes help provide confident control in all weather conditions. The Sport setting gives a more agile feel by sending more available torque to the rear wheels, for a sporty dynamic feel when desired. This system has a wider range of torque distribution variability than many competitive systems and has been tuned to conditions such as straight-line acceleration, medium- or high-speed cornering, and hill starts.

Palisade also offers a newly-developed Snow Mode on its advanced HTRAC® AWD system, with special traction tuning for snow, optimizing available traction and driver control in adverse conditions. The Drive Mode System’s Snow Mode adjusts front and rear torque distribution, left and right wheel slip control, engine torque and shift patterns according to available traction levels. In addition, Palisade’s AWD HTRAC system includes an AWD locking-differential function for challenging traction situations.

13_FST

Reaction score
That means that it is going to be an amazing AWD system. If I was in a budget constraint, I'd figure out a way to get the extra funds to get my hands on the AWD system.

Joey

Reaction score
How do you set the Snow Mode I turn button and when I get on Snow Mode it does not stay Why??

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Eric2203

Reaction score
How do you set the Snow Mode I turn button and when I get on Snow Mode it does not stay Why??
What do you mean “it doesn’t stay”? Please describe what happens in more details. What does the dashboard say? Which icon is lit on the drive mode selector?

Joey

Reaction score
I turn Knob on Console to Snow Mode and Yes it goes to Snow Mode but after Few Seconds the Snow Mode reverts back to my Original Setting which I have in Eco Mode What am I doing wrong here Must I be in different setting before Snow Mode Engages Thanks Joe

CVP33

Reaction score
Definitely something wrong there. That's not the way it supposed to work.

I turn Knob on Console to Snow Mode and Yes it goes to Snow Mode but after Few Seconds the Snow Mode reverts back to my Original Setting which I have in Eco Mode What am I doing wrong here Must I be in different setting before Snow Mode Engages Thanks Joe

tallLeRoy

Reaction score
If you have a Canadian Palisade, the center of the dial needs to be pressed to switch from DRIVE to TERRAIN for snow mode. There is a picture of that mode selector in post #5 of this thread.