This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

I’ve read tons about paint and windshield problems with the Telluride any issues with Palisade?

Pmauro55

Reaction score
There are tons of issues with windshields chipping and cracking out of the blue and worse issues if you drive in windy dust storm or areas where they use a lot of sand and salt causing pitting of the windshield like it has been sand blasted, very similar issues with the paint (all colors) being pitted, or chipping from small debris that don’t cause issues with other models, (soft paint untempered glass has been suggested)

saxman242

Reaction score
I believe I've seen one or two people on the different palisade forums mention getting a rock chip/crack in their windshield.

I've seen quite a few more reference the telluride having this problem. Not sure if that means it's far more common on the telluride or what.

bakerwi

Reaction score
There are tons of issues with windshields chipping and cracking out of the blue and worse issues if you drive in windy dust storm or areas where they use a lot of sand and salt causing pitting of the windshield like it has been sand blasted, very similar issues with the paint (all colors) being pitted, or chipping from small debris that don’t cause issues with other models, (soft paint untempered glass has been suggested)
I follow several forums (Palisade & Telluride) and to say there are "tons" would be an exaggeration in my opinion. Sporadic mentions for the Palisade and more mentions with the Telluride is probably more accurate.

steelers

Reaction score
getting a limited in two weeks...hope wind noise issue was corrected during build alond with other concerns ex. paint and windshield

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jondyer

Reaction score
I had a slight paint issue with mine. There was some peeling on the driver's side front fender by the orange reflector.

I showed my service advisor and they got it into paint in less than a week. Apart from that, so far, so good.

flipray

Reaction score
I had a slight paint issue with mine. There was some peeling on the driver's side front fender by the orange reflector.

I showed my service advisor and they got it into paint in less than a week. Apart from that, so far, so good.
Plastic so sometimes the paint just doesnt bond as well. Looks like I need to keep an eye on mine just in case. Joys of having paint matched fender trim vs unpainted on lower trims.