Inconsistent Bluetooth Text Notifications

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

hahn

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just got myself a Palisade Limited Steel Graphite/Black Interior last weekend and I've been loving how deep the technology goes! I haven't had voice to text via bluetooth before and I'm loving how easy it is. But I have noticed it can be inconsistent. Sometimes it doesn't want to notify me of texts at all, other times it works great and everything in between.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I've checked out Android Auto and it wasn't that impressive considering what already available wirelessly. I just cannot figure out what I need to do to consistently receive text notifications on my Palisade screen. I've tried Driving Mode in my text app (Verizon Message+), I've tried without Driving Mode, I've made sure the app was closed, I've made sure the phone screen was off.

Anybody experience this or have any answers?

Thanks!

mimold

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just got myself a Palisade Limited Steel Graphite/Black Interior last weekend and I've been loving how deep the technology goes! I haven't had voice to text via bluetooth before and I'm loving how easy it is. But I have noticed it can be inconsistent. Sometimes it doesn't want to notify me of texts at all, other times it works great and everything in between.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I've checked out Android Auto and it wasn't that impressive considering what already available wirelessly. I just cannot figure out what I need to do to consistently receive text notifications on my Palisade screen. I've tried Driving Mode in my text app (Verizon Message+), I've tried without Driving Mode, I've made sure the app was closed, I've made sure the phone screen was off.

Anybody experience this or have any answers?

Thanks!
I have some similar issue. I am only getting text notification when the phone app is open in the infotainment screen. If I am on the home page, the notifications never show. I am connected through bluetooth only, not CarPlay. The phone is an iPhone XR.

Kcamper

Reaction score
I've also experienced the issue, and it seems to come and go. What's really weird is with both my sons in the car, testing them sending texts one would work, while the other one didn't. This is on an iPhone XR and me wearing an Apple Watch. Not sure if the watch has anything to do with it re intercepting the text. Seems like a bug, but haven't tried to narrow down trying to recreate it.

It seems like resetting bluetooth on the radio temporarily fixes it. I didn't notice it prior to upgrading the software on the Palisade radio with the recent map update.

G

G-229422

I've also have this issue, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and I can't seem to figure out how to receive text message notifications. I tried several things but to no avail. Is this a Android Auto, Samsung Galaxy or a Hyundai problem. Very frustrating

Espley4

Reaction score
Same! Limited and have the same problem (Galaxy S8+, not connected via the Android Auto, just regular BT). Works sometimes, other times it doesnt.

RedStarTX

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a solution to this? I have a Samsung android that will probably be replaced with another android. I can't lock out my phone by switching to AndroidAuto because of what I do but I also can't find the text messages on the infotainment screen. There's got to be an easier way, no? On my 2015 Toyota, I had a separate spot to pull up my old text messages once the phone connected via Blutooth. No such luck with Polly just yet. I want to be able to pull up the text and either reply via talk-to-text that I've heard can be done or just make the call. Am I missing the Texting101 info?

ropaswan

Reaction score
We just bought a Limited last month and had the same problem. The fix for my wife and me was in the iPhone Bluetooth settings (there must be a similar setting in Android).
Go to Settings, Bluetooth, click the circled (i) on the Palisade line, and make sure Show Notifications is enabled. Since doing this we have had no problems.

Attachments

• B8FD946D-7535-42C4-B17E-7A901EE5654F.jpeg
    B8FD946D-7535-42C4-B17E-7A901EE5654F.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 12
G

G-732793

I have a galaxy 20 and when a message comes thru it will quickly display 2 different people who a message is from. Sometimes the first name is the correct person and then next one is just a random # from my contacts. I have found that when this happens the message are from 2 to 3 yrs ago.
Anyone know how to fix this?

RedStarTX

Reaction score
I have a galaxy 20 and when a message comes thru it will quickly display 2 different people who a message is from. Sometimes the first name is the correct person and then next one is just a random # from my contacts. I have found that when this happens the message are from 2 to 3 yrs ago.
Anyone know how to fix this?
This has continued to be my issue with my Galaxy 8. I'm curious if the nav update corrects this issue but not eager to pay the dealer hourly to update my system and don't have the comfort level to do it myself. But yes, totally irritating.

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Note 10+ and am having the same issue! Is there a fix? I've unpaired and paired the phone multiple times and it's a continuing issue.

Dcl3k5

Reaction score
Same here Galaxy Note 10 plus. Everytime I reply to a text message I get a random one from 2 years ago pop up on the infotainment screen as a newly received message.

Ymauney

Reaction score
Same here Galaxy Note 10 plus. Everytime I reply to a text message I get a random one from 2 years ago pop up on the infotainment screen as a newly received message.
Galaxy S 10 + here. I'm having this issue. The text from my mom from over a year ago is now overtaking any new text coming in. It's really frustrating. Anyone found a solution?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!