Infotainment System

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

jdr327

Reaction score
Ever since I purchased my Palisade I have been beyond disappointed like many at the lack of functionality on the infotainment system. Because of my job I have access to names and phone numbers of executives from many companies. After many C-Level Executives from Hyundai ignoring me for quite some time I received a call from a Director in the Display and Navigations division. I do not know how much everyone wants to know but they say they make their design decisions based on a consumer group in Korea. That group thought presets in numerical order was a prefered method. The reason for lack of album art, numbers instead of logos in the presets for SiriusXM and many other options that most infotainment systems have in today's cars is they thought it would be safer not to have these features as having them would take your eye off the road. I would argue it does the opposite but that is why our radios are so bland.

The gentleman I spoke to said he agrees with everything I said. He stated North America does not get much say into these decisions but they are working on changing this. He guaranteed the April 2022 update will bring back presets in the order we choose and there might be a complete redesign but he would only commit to the presets changing.

I was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes so if you have any other questions let me know.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I actually like them in order, but I could just store them in order, and problem solved. But it makes no sense everybody is forced to keep them in order. Everything was decided in Korea before, so at least they're slowly changing that.... but hat only happens after they get flack from the US. Remember when you could turn the steering wheel with the tip of your pinky finger, like they like in Korea? After a deluge of complaints, they changed that. And yes, the only way things change is by complaining, so glad you could speak with somebody in a position to actually do something about the infotainment. Good job.

Larryg

Reaction score
any word about those ugly radio tubes for the channel station....or the 3 way split screen?

jdr327

Reaction score
any word about those ugly radio tubes for the channel station....or the 3 way split screen?
He said there is a possibility of the vacuum tubes disappearing but would not commit to it. There was no mention of the 3 way split returning.