Installing Power Lift gate

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Willpn

Reaction score
We had a 2021 SEL trim without the convenience package. My wife loves the power lift gate from our previous Santa Fe. Is there any way/after market power lift gate that work well with this car?
Thanks in advance!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
anything is possible with enough money.

they make aftermarket power lift units for hot rods and retro rods, I actually have one installed on my 1939 Ford Tudor.

but they won't work like OEM, typically they are not automatic, you have to hold a button to open and close. Some can be programmed to a third party remote fob, but again they typically require holding the button until it is full open. also they will void any warranty on the liftgate, locking system, and possibly the electronics and safety systems.

you might be better served trading the vehicle in for one with the option you want. This is one of those things that should have been realized before purchase sorry to say.

Willpn

Reaction score
Im in the same situation. Did you have any luck getting one put on?
No, I’m still looking around. Buying OEM electric support bars is not an option because it is way too expensive ($800/each bar) + pulldown lock. I wish I could have gone with the convenience package for $2.5k more