Interior lighting

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

GregVZ

Reaction score
I have a Palisade Calligraphy Edition and two items surprised me regarding the interior lighting. One is that the garage door opener controls on the rear-view mirror are not back lit. I am sure I will get used to it but seems like that would have been a nice feature. Second and this is not as big a deal but some sort of lighting in the storage area beneath the center console. Might be able to add something for that area but the opener buttons I will just have to get used to.

Jerrylee

Reaction score
I have a Palisade Calligraphy Edition and two items surprised me regarding the interior lighting. One is that the garage door opener controls on the rear-view mirror are not back lit. I am sure I will get used to it but seems like that would have been a nice feature. Second and this is not as big a deal but some sort of lighting in the storage area beneath the center console. Might be able to add something for that area but the opener buttons I will just have to get used to.
I agree with you. I too wish the garage door opener controls were back lit. I have to feel for the button. I’m getting a little more used to feeling but wish it would show.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
I fixed both within the first few days of ownership.

installed this mirror, aside from being lit, it is frameless and looks much better:

and bought a few of these for the console,. since the USB is powered only will the vehicle is running, no parasitic drain:

Canuck Ottawa

Reaction score

installed this mirror, aside from being lit, it is frameless and looks much better:

and bought a few of these for the console,. since the USB is powered only will the vehicle is running, no parasitic drain:
The link you have for the LED shows "Out of Stock". Here's a link for a pack of 7 for $8.99!

Jerrylee

Reaction score

Thank you. You have found a solution to both my wishes.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
How difficult was the mirror to swap out?
mostly plug and play. The wiring pin out is different so you have to use a jewelers tiny screw driver to remove the pins on the aftermarket mirror and reorganize them to the proper pinout.

The wire colors from the OEM and aftermarket mirror are the same, so just move the pins and plug it in. Took me 15 minutes Start to finish

elp_jc

Reaction score
installed this mirror, aside from being lit, it is frameless and looks much better
Two questions, if you don't mind :) : How is the mirror attached to the car? Is it with a little torx bolt? Just curious how exactly you remove it. And second, and most importantly: Can you even see the darn lights on the HomeLink buttons? Since they're pointing down, curious if the whole charade is even worth it. Ha ha. Thanks brother.

Jerrylee

Reaction score
I cut and stuck a small piece of self-stick pad to the garage door button and now have no problem of finding the button in the dark.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Two questions, if you don't mind :) : How is the mirror attached to the car? Is it with a little torx bolt? Just curious how exactly you remove it. And second, and most importantly: Can you even see the darn lights on the HomeLink buttons? Since they're pointing down, curious if the whole charade is even worth it. Ha ha. Thanks brother.
Yes mounts the same way as oem, with the torx bolt. The oem one was really torqued down, well beyond spec, I had to use a Torx screwdriver not a magnetic bit in a universal handle, the bit just didn’t have the bite to remove it.

Yes the bottoms are very visible at night, if I had a chance I will snap a picture from y driving position. For me it was more about having the compass and frameless mirror than the home link buttons. I don’t use the home link at home, only at my job to open the security gate, but I bicycle to work 3 days a week and alternate between the Palisade and my motorcycle the other 2, so seldom use the home link in the grand scheme. I just prefer the classier frameless look.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. I'm also looking to buy a bike ('21 MT-09 or '21 890 Duke), along with a Calligraphy, which I'll use to haul a trailer with the bike, so need to buy a trailer too (probably a Kendon ride-up single), along with a hitch (probably a Curt, since the OEM looks like crap). If you have any suggestions on any or all of that, PM me, so we don't 'pollute' this thread. Ha ha.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Thank you for your input. I'm also looking to buy a bike ('21 MT-09 or '21 890 Duke), along with a Calligraphy, which I'll use to haul a trailer with the bike, so need to buy a trailer too (probably a Kendon ride-up single), along with a hitch (probably a Curt, since the OEM looks like crap). If you have any suggestions on any or all of that, PM me, so we don't 'pollute' this thread. Ha ha.
I posted my hitch setup in the factory hitch thread. Curt Hitch, Kia Telluride 7 pin harness (plug and play in the Palisade) and Curt brake controller, Everything was 98% plug and play whole install took me under an hour (did the high and wiring myself) and is basically OEM, so no cutting and splicing any factory wiring.

Whole setup was around $600. Which was $300 less than the factory hitch and 4-pin wiring and labor from the dealer.