Iphone 12 not connecting to Apple Carplay in 2020 Palisade

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

ucimike

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? I called Apple and they said the problem is likely with Hyundai not yet being compatible with the Iphone 12. They said to contact Hyundai.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
they said the problem is likely with Hyundai not yet being compatible with the Iphone 12.
That doesn’t even make sense. Every single new phone that comes out doesn’t necessitate an infotainment system update.

Have you done any troubleshooting?

Are you using the same cable that presumably worked with your old phone?

Assuming you ever got that far, have you deleted your car from your phone’s CarPlay list (Settings > General > CarPlay > Palisade) and started over?

Are you sure you followed the prompts when you initially connect the phone to make sure CarPlay is enabled?

Alan_F

Reaction score
I would call Hyundai Motor America customer support, not Apple. The phone manufacturers have no idea which autos are compatible with their phones.

ucimike

Reaction score
That doesn’t even make sense. Every single new phone that comes out doesn’t necessitate an infotainment system update.

Have you done any troubleshooting?

Are you using the same cable that presumably worked with your old phone?

Assuming you ever got that far, have you deleted your car from your phone’s CarPlay list (Settings > General > CarPlay > Palisade) and started over?

Are you sure you followed the prompts when you initially connect the phone to make sure CarPlay is enabled?
I have done troubleshooting. I am using the same cable. With regards to deleting the car from the phone's carplay list, that's the problem. The car doesn't even show up on the list. There is no car listed. The phone continuously searches for a car. I've tried unpairing the car from bluetooth. I've tried making sure carplay wasn't a blocked app. Anyways, I called Apple a 2nd time and they don't know the problem. They're sending my issue to their engineers and are supposed to call me back.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ucimike

Reaction score
I would call Hyundai Motor America customer support, not Apple. The phone manufacturers have no idea which autos are compatible with their phones.
You could be right, and that's why I posted here. If Iphone 12 carplay is not compatible with the Palisade don't you think you would find that all over the internet? Haven't found it.

ucimike

Reaction score
Also meant to add, my IPhone 7 and IPhone XR connect just fine to the Pailsade’s CarPlay. So the car is CarPlay compatible.

Alan_F

Reaction score
You could be right, and that's why I posted here. If Iphone 12 carplay is not compatible with the Palisade don't you think you would find that all over the internet? Haven't found it.
The iPhone 12 is very new, so I don't think it would be all over the Internet yet. I would contact Hyundai Motor America customer service and see what they say.

RTBoston

Reaction score
In the meantime, I'd try a different cable.
I've found iPhones and Android phones are really picky when it comes to the cables for CarPlay and Android Auto.

ucimike

Reaction score
I solved the problem. I tried using a different USB cable and it worked. The cable I had been using was an Anker brand and had worked just fine with my iPhone 7 and XR. That cable still works just fine with those phones but wasn't working for the iPhone 12. I tried an Amazon brand USB cable and the iPhone 12 now connects just fine. So much for what that Apple rep said about contacting Hyundai to see if the car I bought in 2019 supports a phone I bought in 2020 even though it supports my other prior iPhones.

Bowden

Reaction score
I too have had issues with CarPlay and my iPhone12 purchased a anker cable and working for a while. Noticed that CarPlay would disconnect often; or in a rather radical issue my Hyundai system literally rebooted by itself.
Hyundai says that you have to use the Apple cable that came with your phone. That’s a BS answer because Anker cancels are far superior for both power supply and data connection. I think it’s more a two fold problem 1. The port isn’t in correctly or lose; and 2. The operating system of the car is way out of date.
I don’t understand why they don’t just update the cars system to the 2021 Operating system where you can connect wirelessly. Nothing from 2020 - 2021 really changed.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
no issues with iphone 12 pro max.

however I use a car2play wireless dongle.

G

G-40067

Mine wasn't the USB cable as I tested that in another vehicle and it was ok. What I had to do was go into Setup in the Palisade and reset all device connections to factory default. It worked after that.