Is There a Way to Disable the Background Sounds that automatically come on?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

awedbychrist

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to completely disable the Sounds of Nature?
It is a most annoying function that comes on without any provocation.
I don't want it.
I don't like it.
It is a nuisance.
If you have found a way to kill it, please tell me.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I saw that on the settings (somewhere), but don't want to even try it. Ha ha. My car doesn't do it, so there must be a way to disable it. Look for the 'sounds of nature' symbol on settings, and click on it. There should be a box you can uncheck to get rid of them. Good luck.

awedbychrist

Reaction score
yes, read your manual
It is a lot of reading, 612 pages on the PDF. I tried doing a search for it "sounds" "sounds of nature" "Nature" "cafe" etc. but didn't find it. I appreciate that you were able to find how to disable it in the manual, but I haven't even found it in the manual. Then I looked for Media. It, media was found on page 4-4, but didn't tell about this feature. Then I looked for a separate manual just for media. It is 156 pages on PDF. It was useless to me as well.
If you know how to find the, disable Sounds of Nature, in the manual, please let me know.
I even saw a video where the guy said the purpose was to help a person relax.
I find it to be anything but relaxing.
When I make a tight turn, listening to bluetooth audio, sometimes it just takes over the audio system.
Even then trying to switch back to bluetooth is a pain. One has to punch the media button, wait for it to come on screen, then choose a tab for source, then choose bluetooth. All the while, I could have been driving with no sound instead of that obnoxious noise.
Then, too, sometimes when I turn the car off, I am playing bluetooth, but when I start it back up... its sounds of nature.
I even went to turn the radio on, hoping that it would default back to radio, but it seems the media and the radio are different realms.
Too bad the obnoxious Sounds of Nature aren't in the radio realm separated from the media which I choose to listen to.
Anyway, if you can help me find the right place in the manual, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
B.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Has anyone found a way to completely disable the Sounds of Nature?
It is a most annoying function that comes on without any provocation.
I don't want it.
I don't like it.
It is a nuisance.
If you have found a way to kill it, please tell me.
You can’t truly “disable” them. Best thing to do is to turn them on, and crank the volume down to zero. Since the volume is different for each source, it will always be at zero and you won’t hear them if they ever come back on.

You can also remove them from the mode button on the steering wheel so you don’t accidentally cycle past them that way.

I’m not sure how they come up for you when you’re not explicitly choosing them because usually the system will default to your last-used source. But regardless, my tip will help you.

If you’re trying to find info about them in the manual, you need to look in your infotainment manual. Separate book/file. 😊

awedbychrist

Reaction score
You can’t truly “disable” them. Best thing to do is to turn them on, and crank the volume down to zero. Since the volume is different for each source, it will always be at zero and you won’t hear them if they ever come back on.

You can also remove them from the mode button on the steering wheel so you don’t accidentally cycle past them that way.

I’m not sure how they come up for you when you’re not explicitly choosing them because usually the system will default to your last-used source. But regardless, my tip will help you.

If you’re trying to find info about them in the manual, you need to look in your infotainment manual. Separate book/file. 😊
bruesjoh04, thank you. I hadn't understood the placing the volume to zero would affect the next time it came on, so, this will help. At least, when it comes on by itself, it will be without volume. That will be an improvement. also, I'll look for the infotainment manual. Thanks again, B.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Sounds of nature aren’t actually documented in the manual because they were added by a software update.

As to why they come up, that’s because you use Bluetooth, but it takes time for your phone to pair with your car when you start it up, so it defaults to sounds of nature instead, because no Bluetooth source is available. Try to hit the radio button before you turn off the car. At least, it’ll start on that instead of sounds of nature next time.

And as mentioned above, program the mode button on the steering wheel to allow you to switch between the sources that you want and exclude sounds of nature. There’s a configuration screen for it. No more messing with the touch screen while driving.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Sounds of nature aren’t actually documented in the manual because they were added by a software update.
Sounds of nature are in the 2021 infotainment manual because the sounds were added with the 14.0 software update (Apr 2020) and all 2021 Palisades have that software, at minimum.

They are mentioned on page 2-16. No mention, however, of disabling them. I still think turning their volume to zero is the best bet for those who never want to hear them.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Sounds of nature are in the 2021 infotainment manual because the sounds were added with the 14.0 software update (Apr 2020) and all 2021 Palisades have that software, at minimum.

They are mentioned on page 2-16. No mention, however, of disabling them. I still think turning their volume to zero is the best bet for those who never want to hear them.
Ah i wasn’t aware that they had refreshed the user manual. Doesn’t help 2020 owners though, and the OP doesn’t say what he has.

i never have this problem, but we usually turn the car off in radio mode, which is available the next time the car is started. Unlike Bluetooth.

awedbychrist

Reaction score
Hi again, and I took the advice to turn the volume down then tried it out. It worked to silence the nuisance program. I'll keep my eyes out for an update that allows me to eradicate it. Thanks to all of you for your help.

As to why they come up, that’s because you use Bluetooth, but it takes time for your phone to pair with your car when you start it up, so it defaults to sounds of nature instead, because no Bluetooth source is available. Try to hit the radio button before you turn off the car. At least, it’ll start on that instead of sounds of nature next time.

And as mentioned above, program the mode button on the steering wheel to allow you to switch between the sources that you want and exclude sounds of nature. There’s a configuration screen for it. No more messing with the touch screen while driving.
Also, I'll try to see if I can figure out the steering wheel enough to get it to do what you say. really though, I'm so old school, I still have trouble almost each time I try to get into regular cruise control, which I guess should be pretty simple. So it might take awhile. Thanks again, B.