ISG and Auto-Hold Memory Module - Instructions

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
anyone that has installed the

ISG and Auto-Hold Memory Module​

do you have the instructions? mine came with none and I have reached out to shark racing and they haven't replied.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
a member on another forum sent them to me, posting here for others that might require it:

Auto Hold and ISG and the Proximity lock/unlock modules.

page 1 = dip switch settings for auto hold and ISG

page 2 = wire instructions for Proximity module

Page 3 = wire instructions for Auto hold and ISG

Attachments

• Palisade auto-hold instructions.pdf
    351.3 KB · Views: 44

Kevin83Fl

Reaction score
Thank you for this. I havent done it yet, but I like the auto hold to be on and hate having to turn it on every time I get in the car.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Thank you for this. I havent done it yet, but I like the auto hold to be on and hate having to turn it on every time I get in the car.
been working great for me since install

auto hold always on ISG always off when I start the vehicle.

the only exception is this.

the driver door must be CLOSED when you start the vehicle, apparently the Palisade has some built in safety feature that the auto hold will not engage if the door is open. When this happens I have to manually turn on auto hold.

as such I have adjusted my vehicle start up behavior. usually I get in, start and then close the door, especially on hot days, so the heat can exit the vehicle. now I get in, start and open all the windows to get the heat out of the vehicle.

I really wish Hyundai would include auto-down and auto-up from the key fob like every other manufacturer does. even a cheap ass honda civic can remotely roll down the windows.

elp_jc

Reaction score
What the hell is 'ISG'? Please spell what it is, at least the first time :). Is that the auto/start/stop crap? I HATE having to turn it off every time. If that's what it is, where does it connect? On the OBDII port? And can you see it when opening the door? Hopefully not. Ha ha. I don't use auto-hold all the time, since it's kind of jerky, but it's a nice feature. And I'm used to that on the Tesla, since I always drive in 'hold' mode, rather than 'creep'. Thank you.
JC

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
ISG = IDLE STOP/GO the feature that turns off the engine when you are at a red light. annoying as hell because when you are using auto hold, there is a 2-3 lag between hitting the accel pedal and the vehicle starting releasing the brake and moving, makes the vehicle herky jerky. without auto hold it is fairly seamless, with auto hold it sucks.

the shark module installs under the console, you have to tap several wires with wire tap connectors 1620087638972.png

once installed, it remembers the last settings for auto hold and ISG, so if auto hold is on and ISG if off, every time you start the car, it reset to that automatically.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Oh man; sounds exactly what I'd like, but tapping factory wiring is an automatic deal-breaker for me, so will have to keep pressing that stupid button off every time. But thank you for the explanation :). Somebody needs to make a plug-and-play harness for that device, even if more expensive.

steelers

Reaction score
ISG = IDLE STOP/GO the feature that turns off the engine when you are at a red light. annoying as hell because when you are using auto hold, there is a 2-3 lag between hitting the accel pedal and the vehicle starting releasing the brake and moving, makes the vehicle herky jerky. without auto hold it is fairly seamless, with auto hold it sucks.

the shark module installs under the console, you have to tap several wires with wire tap connectors View attachment 2263

once installed, it remembers the last settings for auto hold and ISG, so if auto hold is on and ISG if off, every time you start the car, it reset to that automatically.
Or just stick a small piece of cardboard or plastic next to the button problem solved. Trim it..sharp it black..ya cannot even see it
Works perfectly....and free..

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Or just stick a small piece of cardboard or plastic next to the button problem solved. Trim it..sharp it black..ya cannot even see it
Works perfectly....and free..
Doesn’t turn on auto hold through. And keeps an active error on the network bus due to the button being “held” down.

you do you and I’ll do me.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't do that. I should get used to automatically turn ISG before driving, but I still keep forgetting until engine shuts off. Piece of crap. Ha ha.