Just put a deposit for a 2022 Calligraphy at MSRP.

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

freephk

Reaction score
I just put a deposit for a 2022 Calligraphy at MSRP. I'm in a DC metro area. I contacted several dealers around my area. Of course, everyone wants more money. I was surprised at this dealer won't put any markups. So, I have decided to put down a deposit. I hope there are no surprises when I pick up the car. They told me I have to wait 3-4 months to get the car.

Dano

Reaction score
congratulations i have had my 2022 calligraphy for 2 months now and so far its been a very enjoyable experience great for road trips.

Kris

Reaction score
I just put a deposit for a 2022 Calligraphy at MSRP. I'm in a DC metro area. I contacted several dealers around my area. Of course, everyone wants more money. I was surprised at this dealer won't put any markups. So, I have decided to put down a deposit. I hope there are no surprises when I pick up the car. They told me I have to wait 3-4 months to get the car.
We are in the same boat. Put an order and a deposit down with a dealer on 10/24 and he still hasn't heard from Hyundai.😳 Hope to hear from them soon!

Bennyb1962

Reaction score
What is current msrp? I have been looking at CarMax and 2022 is selling at 58k? I put a deposit down and now I am worried that it won’t be the price I am expecting.

Alan_F

Reaction score
What is current msrp? I have been looking at CarMax and 2022 is selling at 58k? I put a deposit down and now I am worried that it won’t be the price I am expecting.
Did you sign a sales contract with a specific price mentioned in it? Otherwise, they can charge you anything they want, although you can reject it and get your deposit back. For MSRP, go to the Hyundai website and do a "build" to find the MRSP.

Note that the car will probably come with some distributor installed options, and dealer installed options that will raise the price above MSRP.

MMMGC

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I put a deposit on a Calligraphy AWD at MSRP (plus $1000 of dealer addons such as tint, warranty, blah blah) at the end of Oct.
The internet sales manager called me last week to tell me the car has shipped and that it is expected to arrive on 12/22 🤞🤞🤞

Kris

Reaction score
Exciting! We put a deposit down on one around that time, too. Hoping we get a similar call soon!🤞

MMMGC

Reaction score
Exciting! We put a deposit down on one around that time, too. Hoping we get a similar call soon!🤞
Yeah it was a little unexpected since he said that it could be up to 4 months till we get one. Fingers crossed that he is right and it comes 12/22.
You might have to push your salesman a little to get you more info.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their order to come in!

johnscioscia

Reaction score
Got mine about 3 months ago I love it so far Minor problem is the rear sensor backup is showing a block there other than that we love it

johnscioscia

Reaction score
Did you sign a sales contract with a specific price mentioned in it? Otherwise, they can charge you anything they want, although you can reject it and get your deposit back. For MSRP, go to the Hyundai website and do a "build" to find the MRSP.

Note that the car will probably come with some distributor installed options, and dealer installed options that will raise the price above MSRP.
He's right. Go by this: The proper MSRP on the caligraphy is right at $48.650 - $49.950 with the roof rack. After 3 months of shopping the entire state of Florida I bought mine brand new a couple months ago with a $950 added delivery charge to the dealer and that's it. I have a rainforest Green/Black interior "only choice". The 2023 should have a dial knob for the transmission shifter versus my pushbutton, and the Tuscon front grille MAYBE. The engine will be unchanged. This car BLOWS AWAY the telluride in EVERY WAY. John; n Florida.

Attachments

• PXL_20211111_232648477.jpg
    PXL_20211111_232648477.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20211110_224236350.jpg
    PXL_20211110_224236350.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 8

johnscioscia

Reaction score
He's right. Go by this: The proper MSRP on the caligraphy is right at $48.650 - $48.950 with the roof rack. After 3 months of shopping the entire state of Florida I bought mine brand new a couple months ago with a $950 added delivery charge to the dealer and that's it. I have a rainforest Green/Black interior "only choice". The 2023 should have a dial knob for the transmission shifter versus my pushbutton, and the Tuscon front grille MAYBE. The engine will be unchanged. This car BLOWS AWAY the telluride in EVERY WAY. John; n Florida.

Kris

Reaction score
Yeah it was a little unexpected since he said that it could be up to 4 months till we get one. Fingers crossed that he is right and it comes 12/22.
You might have to push your salesman a little to get you more info.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their order to come in!
What did you order if you don't mind me asking? We ordered, put a down payment payment on a Calligraphy, AWD, Mooncloud Blue with light interior.

MMMGC

Reaction score
What did you order if you don't mind me asking? We ordered, put a down payment payment on a Calligraphy, AWD, Mooncloud Blue with light interior.
Calligraphy, AWD, White with Black interior.
I feel that that is one of the most sought after combos. That either makes it harder to get (since everyone wants it) or makes it easier to get (since the factory knows this and is pumping them out)

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore. Although my salesman seems very honest and forthcoming, until I see the car I wont believe it's even showing in the next 3 months.

MMMGC

Reaction score
I'd have said 'almost in every way';). The only 2 things from the Telluride that are undisputably better than the Palisade are power folding mirrors, and (optional) integrated hitch; that's it. Everything else is better on the Palisade in my opinion too :).
The power folding mirrors are a huge miss for Hyundai. They however make it up with the digital cluster display.

Also, what do you mean by integrated hitch? As far as I can tell their hitch sticks out all the time as well. It is a bit better flowing and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb so much but I think that just has to do with the "rugged" looks of the Telluride compared to the more luxurious look of the Palisade

Alan_F

Reaction score
Calligraphy, AWD, White with Black interior.
I feel that that is one of the most sought after combos. That either makes it harder to get (since everyone wants it) or makes it easier to get (since the factory knows this and is pumping them out)

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore. Although my salesman seems very honest and forthcoming, until I see the car I wont believe it's even showing in the next 3 months.
There is no guarantee that the Palisade you want (and "reserved") will show up in three months. The dealer cannot order from the factory, they can only "request" specific trim levels from the distributor (Hyundai Motor America), who has already ordered vehicles well in advance from the Korean factory. I am sure that your dealer is trying to get the combo you want allocated to them by HMA as soon as possible.

The decision about which colors and trim levels to be built has to be made a long time in advance, since Hyundai gets many of the parts (especially interior trim) from outside vendors, and they need to know in advance how many of each color and each part number (which varies by trim level) to make in advance. Auto manufacturing is a complex process with many assemblies and sub-assemblies, and the outside vendors that supply the interior assemblies and parts also have to get some of their parts or raw materials from other outside vendors, and there are lead times associated with all this things.

But Hyundai Motor America, as the USA marketing arm and distributor, has experience with what demand will be for each color and trim level (generally speaking). But they don't always get it right, and I am sure that if they had it to do over, they would have planned on making more of the higher trim levels (Calligraphy and Limited).

MMMGC

Reaction score
There is no guarantee that the Palisade you want (and "reserved") will show up in three months. The dealer cannot order from the factory, they can only "request" specific trim levels from the distributor (Hyundai Motor America), who has already ordered vehicles well in advance from the Korean factory. I am sure that your dealer is trying to get the combo you want allocated to them by HMA as soon as possible.

The decision about which colors and trim levels to be built has to be made a long time in advance, since Hyundai gets many of the parts (especially interior trim) from outside vendors, and they need to know in advance how many of each color and each part number (which varies by trim level) to make in advance. Auto manufacturing is a complex process with many assemblies and sub-assemblies, and the outside vendors that supply the interior assemblies and parts also have to get some of their parts or raw materials from other outside vendors, and there are lead times associated with all this things.

But Hyundai Motor America, as the USA marketing arm and distributor, has experience with what demand will be for each color and trim level (generally speaking). But they don't always get it right, and I am sure that if they had it to do over, they would have planned on making more of the higher trim levels (Calligraphy and Limited).
Very good information. Thank you.

I agree that it's a very complicated process. I am just hoping that Hyundai Motor America planned that they will get the white/black combo more than say burgundy/beige. Partially based on the premium for white exterior only. There, of course, is no basis for my claim, only speculation.

Do you happen to know how likely it is that the dealer actually has a vehicle allocated if they tell me a date (i.e. 12/22)? Or are they just blowing smoke up my behind?

Alan_F

Reaction score
Very good information. Thank you.

I agree that it's a very complicated process. I am just hoping that Hyundai Motor America planned that they will get the white/black combo more than say burgundy/beige. Partially based on the premium for white exterior only. There, of course, is no basis for my claim, only speculation.

Do you happen to know how likely it is that the dealer actually has a vehicle allocated if they tell me a date (i.e. 12/22)? Or are they just blowing smoke up my behind?
I am quite sure that Hyundai Motor America orders more white/black than burgundy/beige.

If the dealer has given you a date of 12/22, I would say there is a good chance that the distributor has allocated a specific vehicle to your dealer. It does take a while to be shipped from Korea, imported at port of entry, distributor prep, shipment (rail and/or truck) from port of entry to the dealer, etc. That doesn't mean it will for sure arrive by that date, but hopefully about that time or soon afterward.

But if a dealer is able to sell it to a customer willing to pay $5K more than you, then hard to say what the dealer will do.

MMMGC

Reaction score
I am quite sure that Hyundai Motor America orders more white/black than burgundy/beige.

If the dealer has given you a date of 12/22, I would say there is a good chance that the distributor has allocated a specific vehicle to your dealer. It does take a while to be shipped from Korea, imported at port of entry, distributor prep, shipment (rail and/or truck) from port of entry to the dealer, etc. That doesn't mean it will for sure arrive by that date, but hopefully about that time or soon afterward.

But if a dealer is able to sell it to a customer willing to pay $5K more than you, then hard to say what the dealer will do.
All good points. Hopefully since I'm by a major port that process will be decreased a bit.

Also hopefully my dealer keeps up their end of the deal and doesn't screw me 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻