Key fob functionality

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hihothere

Reaction score
Did you follow the correct sequence? Press Lock first, then hold the Remote Start button down for at least 2 seconds.
Thank you for your great advice....READ THE MANUAL...after reading it I also discovered it does work....I thought it just needed to be locked. I was wrong.

Reaction score
Just to make the process more reliable there is visual feedback on the remote. Push Lock. Then Hold Start button down until little red light flashes then let go. It will work 100 percent. No need to count any number of seconds. Note as well. A single tap of the Start button will turn the engine back off if you change your mind.

Pasilade

Reaction score
Just to make the process more reliable there is visual feedback on the remote. Push Lock. Then Hold Start button down until little red light flashes then let go. It will work 100 percent. No need to count any number of seconds. Note as well. A single tap of the Start button will turn the engine back off if you change your mind.
Actually, 100% if you are within range. I tried to remote start my Pali tonight from a further distance than I normally do (coming out of the theater) and the red light flashed but when I got to the car it had not started... I wish the red light would not light up if it does not start to indicate I was too far away.

Reaction score
I thought it does get feedback from the car before it lights up. It does shut the engine back down if you tap start again or too much time passes. Depending on where I am in my home its around 40 to 50 feet give or take a bit. I believe that is close to its max range. I'll have try it from way too far away and test. Either way the little flash of the light means you have successfully completed the correct timing. When I was counting instead I got it wrong 1/2 the time at least.