This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Leather Cleaner

FiveStar

Reaction score
Is there a preferred brand of leather cleaner/conditioner recommended for use on the white interior and seats?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JeremyTD

Reaction score
Meguiar’s fan myself here. Regardless what brand you choose I suggest working it into your cloth first then applying to the leather.

FiveStar

Reaction score
I actually purchased "Chemical Guys" Sprayable Leather cleaner & Conditioner after speaking with some guys from Summit Racing. Now I am wondering what to get and use when those fingerprints start to show up on my (beautiful, white, velour like) visor........

JeremyTD

Reaction score
I honestly am thinking a lint roller or vacuuming it.

I hope it never gets dirty. It certainly will easily hold oils. From my understanding “microsuede” can be cleaned with a warm damp cloth. But I’m not sure.

CVP33

Reaction score
This came up on another car forum. The consensus (doesn't make it fact) was that modern car leathers are now treated/sealed. The idea of 'cleaning and conditioning' is really from the old leathers. Cleaning is basically a soapy water excercise. Conditioning is really for the sealant and not penetrating in any way. Having said that. I use Mother's VLR. Works on vinyl, leather, rubber. Has zero risk with overspray, and is cheap enough at $5 on sale.

Attachments

Limited AWD Owner

Reaction score
I’m considering some homemade cleaner and read online you could use vinegar and linseed oil. New car interiors supposedly don’t need much protection including the plastics. Has anyone tried any homemade solutions?