Lights during remote start.

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Jr85prix

Reaction score
I emailed Hyundai about why isn't there a indicator letting us know when the car is running. They replied that there is, that the lights flash for 10 min. Mine only blinks for like 3 seconds and that's it. Not sure what they are talking about. Screenshot_20200309-154234_Gmail.jpg

MrSo0h0o

Reaction score
Mine does the same as yours; flashes twice at initial remote start and that's it. Honestly I prefer it this way. The app tells me that it was successful or unsuccessful; I don't need to lights to constantly flash.

Jr85prix

Reaction score
Mine does the same as yours; flashes twice at initial remote start and that's it. Honestly I prefer it this way. The app tells me that it was successful or unsuccessful; I don't need to lights to constantly

Agree when using the app. But I dont start it all the time via app. Sometimes I use the remote.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
I just have an SEL, so no app. When using my key fob to remote start though, mine acts exactly as you both have described. If the lights constantly flashed the whole duration, a bystander might think the vehicle security system is activated.

JaggPlaha

Reaction score
I don't like the fact you can't tell if the car is started. Every other car will have the parking lights or headlights on. You're right, parking lights flash 2-3x and that's it. They missed the mark on that one. (Don't like using my phone to start the car)

Jr85prix

Reaction score
I don't like the fact you can't tell if the car is started. Every other car will have the parking lights or headlights on. You're right, parking lights flash 2-3x and that's it. They missed the mark on that one. (Don't like using my phone to start the car)
Everyone should send an email to Hyundai to let them know. There should be some type of indicator letting you know car is running wtf.

JaggPlaha

Reaction score
I emailed Hyundai about why isn't there a indicator letting us know when the car is running. They replied that there is, that the lights flash for 10 min. Mine only blinks for like 3 seconds and that's it. Not sure what they are talking about. View attachment 694

So this clearly isn't the case. Who has ever heard of lights flashing the entire time the car is running. That would just look like the hazards are on...which would be unnecessary (and dumb)

Asylum9 Design

Reaction score
OP, Are you referring to the light on the key fob or the vehicle flashing? It sounds like there might of been some confusion.

The vehicle lights will flash during the remote start sequence and quit when started. Which I agree hyundai should of had the parking lights stay on after start.

The key fob will also flash (model dependant?) once or twice. I don't know if it flashes when the request is sent, received or completed. Once again hyundai could of taken a few extra mins and programed it to stay solid red or flash sequence for 20 secs to notify the user the action was completed & vehicle is running.

Seems like most everyone's complaints are with some sort of programming or lack of. Hopefully one day someone will be able to jailbreak the BCM and allow for more user customization.

G

G-675645

OP, Are you referring to the light on the key fob or the vehicle flashing? It sounds like there might of been some confusion.

The vehicle lights will flash during the remote start sequence and quit when started. Which I agree hyundai should of had the parking lights stay on after start.

The key fob will also flash (model dependant?) once or twice. I don't know if it flashes when the request is sent, received or completed. Once again hyundai could of taken a few extra mins and programed it to stay solid red or flash sequence for 20 secs to notify the user the action was completed & vehicle is running.

Seems like most everyone's complaints are with some sort of programming or lack of. Hopefully one day someone will be able to jailbreak the BCM and allow for more user customization.

Dealer worked with Regional Tech before confirming the light only blink three time then go off. I would love to have a visible that the car is running. 2020 Limited since January.

G

G-508651

Everyone should send an email to Hyundai to let them know. There should be some type of indicator letting you know car is running wtf.
I agree. I had an aftermarket remote installed in my 2009 pontiac vibe and the headlights would come on to verify it started. Seems strange hyundai would not have some kind of indicator.

G

G-580504

I too would like an indicator (Park or Side Marker lights) should indicate the car is running. My MDXs, Acadia, and remote start on an after market auto start on my pu all have indicators lights on when car is running after an auto start. Come on Hyundai less get it together - probably a software up grade! I really miss this feature on a cold winter day if the car is running. I prefer to use the Key Fob rather then the app. 2020 Limited owner.

palisadeforum

Reaction score
I too would like an indicator (Park or Side Marker lights) should indicate the car is running. My MDXs, Acadia, and remote start on an after market auto start on my pu all have indicators lights on when car is running after an auto start. Come on Hyundai less get it together - probably a software up grade! I really miss this feature on a cold winter day if the car is running. I prefer to use the Key Fob rather then the app. 2020 Limited owner.

Popeye

Reaction score
I read in a Fakebook group that someone contacted Hyundai about why there were no indicators to show it was running and the response was a liability issue and basically they didn't want everyone and their brother knowing the car was running and unattended. How about configuring my car to show parking lights when remote started with the fob if I sign a liability release?

steelers

Reaction score
Regarding remote start...30 ft.is a joke..should be 130 feet at least..
No lights on is another flaw....the owner should have options...heck they gave me dozens of color options for the virtually nonexistent
Ambient lighting..

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!