Lights during remote start.

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Eric2203

Reaction score
Can we first tell GM that the reverse lights shouldn't come on when you unlock the car with the key fob?
I second that. In parking lots at night, it looks like every GM car is about to back up into me and run me over...

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
for 3 years I saw threads on the Genesis forums abut people complaining about the flashing hazards when remote start is activated. Now I see them complaining there are no lights.

Guess Hyundai can't win.

I didn't like the flashing hazards, don't like the zero lights..

fixed it myself by installing a small LED marker lights in the top of he grille (similar to the Ford Raptor and Toyota Tacoma TRD grille lights) which is wired to switched power that activates when the vehicle starts, remote or otherwise.

Popeye

Reaction score
Are you saying the hazards stay on the whole time it's been remote started? Putting a small LED in the grill would be one option, but since my car is facing away from my house, wouldn't help me as much.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
Are you saying the hazards stay on the whole time it's been remote started? Putting a small LED in the grill would be one option, but since my car is facing away from my house, wouldn't help me as much.
Yes on the G80, G90 and I believe even the G70 the hazards flash the whole time remote start is running

So if your car is facing away from the house put the LED on the back

you have the two reflectors on the lower side of the car that wrap around the reverse lights very easy to light those up