Maintenance--don't know where to post:

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Julia

Reaction score
Well, while I love cars and technology, I only average 3k miles a year on my cars (people LOVE getting my "used" cars ). I have 3 years free maintenance and don't want to give Hyundai any excuse to void my warranty. How often should I get oil changes and tire rotations? FWD

Thanks!

Alan_F

Reaction score
Hyundai requires that the oil be changed once every 7,500 miles or 12 months, which ever comes first. Same with tires, although the warranty is offered by the tire company and not Hyundai and it usually not much good anyway.

The cabin air filter used for the AC and heating system (in glove box) should be changed once per year, but most people can do this themselves. But very unlikely this would void any warranties, unless you air blower motor stopped working due to filter being completely clogged.

If you happen to fall into the "severe" driving conditions (see page 7-12 of your owners manual) the oil change interval is 3,750 miles or 6 months, which ever comes first. If you only occasionally drive in severe conditions, use the regular schedule.

Since you drive so few miles, it would be good to discuss this with your dealer service advisor with regard to the Hyundai free maintenance program.

Julia

Reaction score
Hyundai requires that the oil be changed once every 7,500 miles or 12 months, which ever comes first. Same with tires, although the warranty is offered by the tire company and not Hyundai and it usually not much good anyway.

The cabin air filter used for the AC and heating system (in glove box) should be changed once per year, but most people can do this themselves. But very unlikely this would void any warranties, unless you air blower motor stopped working due to filter being completely clogged.

If you happen to fall into the "severe" driving conditions (see page 7-12 of your owners manual) the oil change interval is 3,750 miles or 6 months, which ever comes first. If you only occasionally drive in severe conditions, use the regular schedule.

Since you drive so few miles, it would be good to discuss this with your dealer service advisor with regard to the Hyundai free maintenance program.
Thanks for such detail, Alan! I asked my salesman and the finance guy, and they didn't know. Should I ask the service manager? So odd, seems they've never been asked that particular question before, lol.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Thanks for such detail, Alan! I asked my salesman and the finance guy, and they didn't know. Should I ask the service manager? So odd, seems they've never been asked that particular question before, lol.
Once the salesman and finance guy sells you the vehicle, you are a non-entity until you want to buy another one.

Call the service department and talk to a service advisor. They are responsible for all warranty repairs, non-warranty repairs and service, and free Hyundai maintenance issues relating to your vehicle.

SunKing

Reaction score
The owner’s manual shows the recommended service intervals. Changing your own fluids, filters, etc will not void a warranty. I’ve got the 3 years oil changes as well and I’ll likely have a dealership do them until they’re gone.

Julia

Reaction score
Btw, I doubt anyone puts on fewer miles per year than I do, but I was told that the free maintenance is only at 7500 mile intervals. That's probably 2 years for me. I was informed that I need to get my oil changed once a year, and because it won't be within 1k miles of 7500, I'll need to pay for that. Seems silly to me that they go solely on mileage because I'll probably get one of my 3 free in 3 years and someone else will probably get 5 free because they're high mileage. Oh well. My sales gay wasn't aware of this, so I thought for whatever it's worth, I'd post this.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Btw, I doubt anyone puts on fewer miles per year than I do, but I was told that the free maintenance is only at 7500 mile intervals. That's probably 2 years for me. I was informed that I need to get my oil changed once a year, and because it won't be within 1k miles of 7500, I'll need to pay for that. Seems silly to me that they go solely on mileage because I'll probably get one of my 3 free in 3 years and someone else will probably get 5 free because they're high mileage. Oh well. My sales gay wasn't aware of this, so I thought for whatever it's worth, I'd post this.
That is ridiculous. Your dealer was lying and that is not Hyundai policy. The oil change interval is 7500 miles or once per year, whichever comes first.

Either try another dealer or open a case with Hyundai Motor America at (800) 633-5151 or you can open a case online at:

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Julia

Reaction score
That is ridiculous. Your dealer was lying and that is not Hyundai policy. The oil change interval is 7500 miles or once per year, whichever comes first.

Either try another dealer or open a case with Hyundai Motor America at (800) 633-5151 or you can open a case online at:
Thanks! I spoke with someone in service. Maybe I should actually talk to a sales manager.

Julia

Reaction score

Thanks so much! I just spoke with the manager and he said they'll definitely be free for me! Thanks so much, Alan!

SunKing

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I just spoke with the manager and he said they'll definitely be free for me! Thanks so much, Alan!
Yea it’s every 7500 or once a year. I don’t put tons of miles on my vehicles either so it’s usually once a year

Zenar

Reaction score
Yea it’s every 7500 or once a year. I don’t put tons of miles on my vehicles either so it’s usually once a year
I have put on 2400km which is about 1500miles since February. This car is for family trips, poker nights, and date nights. So it barely moves!